MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to create a mod?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to create a mod for mybb but I do not know how. Can someone show me in the right direction please? How and where can I for example add a setting in the Admin panel for my mod? Thanks
Good job brother
u can make a MOD by using php
contact some one who really knows php
Thanx
I suggest you take a look at some existing plugins and modifications on http://mods.mybboard.net and see how they function.
(2008-10-27, 06:48 AM)DennisTT Wrote: [ -> ]I suggest you take a look at some existing plugins and modifications on http://mods.mybboard.net and see how they function.

Thanks. I have looked into that but I couldn''t really get it. That is why I wanted to know something more about the matter.
Well is there something specific that you didn't get? There is no general "tutorial" for making modifications because we can't possibly cover every modification that can be made (it's infinite!).

Settings can be added by inserting a row into mybb_settings, or a setting group by mybb_settinggroups.
(2008-10-27, 06:56 PM)DennisTT Wrote: [ -> ]Well is there something specific that you didn't get? There is no general "tutorial" for making modifications because we can't possibly cover every modification that can be made (it's infinite!).

Settings can be added by inserting a row into mybb_settings, or a setting group by mybb_settinggroups.

Where can I find the mybb_settings and how to add it at the plug-in file? can you give me a small example which can serve as a push in the right direction?
First, you have to know how to program with PHP, then you just learn the MyBB's function and there you go, creating whatever you like. Wink
(2008-10-27, 10:09 PM)that_guy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-10-27, 06:56 PM)DennisTT Wrote: [ -> ]Well is there something specific that you didn't get? There is no general "tutorial" for making modifications because we can't possibly cover every modification that can be made (it's infinite!).

Where can I find the mybb_settings and how to add it at the plug-in file? can you give me a small example which can serve as a push in the right direction?

mybb_settings is a database table, and settings.php is in the /inc folder.
(2008-10-27, 10:42 PM)tuxWishful Wrote: [ -> ]First, you have to know how to program with PHP, then you just learn the MyBB's function and there you go, creating whatever you like. Wink

Ya, I think he skipped the php step if doesn't know a database table. Not trying to be mean. It's just well you can't just up and make a plugin.