MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Restoring my MyBB database??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My host just had some problems (got hacked) and werent able to restore the lastes database so i use my own i got.. But currently i got some problems uploading it and using it again with the MyBB

it uses cpanel

I go to my cpanel, enter the backup section and restore my mysql database.. When its uploaded i get an empty database with no tables.. And if i try reinstall MyBB again it just start all over again...

any help?
Could you please either send me or post the URL of your board?
Did you ever overwrite/delete the config.php file in the inc folder?
Changed the DB name in the config.. nothing more
If you are ok with it, could you please send me via email or PM your MySQL backup from your forum that you are trying to make work? I will treat it with the highest of confidentiality and try to see if anything is wrong with it.
Okay, I've send you a pm with a download link
It seems as though the Mysql you sent me is not for Mybboard Software at all. It looks like it is from vbulletin or some other program. Are you sure you sent me the correct one and indeed your board is Mybb powered?
I've was running with vB before myBB and got one of each backup. And im sure that my board is MyBB powered.

But looking on the 2 databases they seems pretty much the same for me 2.. However i was running MyBB before it were shut down and downloaded the backup from there.

However i still see some differences in it.. so i think its the right db
Hmm...when looking at the file, it shows little or no characteristics of a Mybb sql file as far as I can tell. Did you have Mybb RC4 version or PR2 before your host got hacked?
Pages: 1 2