MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Side boxes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can anyone port the sideboxes plugin?

I would love to see this again.
And I don't want to see the one by labrocca for $. Mybb is free, so its plugins should be too.
Don't want to pay $5 for access to download his plugin?

You can do it yourself with some simple template edits.

Best of luck, pana.
I know I can, but this should be for everyone not just for payers.
If its that simple why would he charge for it?
I was a old member of his site but then he started to charge, then I quit.
He created the plugin, he can charge for it if he wants to. He donates back to MyBB so I don't see it as a problem.

His version of side boxes is not simple at all; he coded the entire thing without altering any templates so it cannot break the theme. This is quite an accomplishment.

If you don't want to pay the five dollars, that's fine, but don't post about it as if you have some inherent right to MyBB plugins. It's $5 a year; that's less money than a meal at McDonald's.
Last time I checked not everyone can pay for things online, and a meal where i'm from is 5.68€ thats about 7$. So its not less, not everyone lives in the USA.

So how would it be if I offer free themes and graphics and then start charging for them? Would you like that?

I wasn't the one who said it was simple, please read some more.
$7 is the premium chicken sandwich with large fries and a large diet coke. Wink

So, I take it you're not Puerto Rican?
$7 is a small bigmac meal.

Ha I couldn't be more puertorican, just because I live somewhere else I'm not a boricua?
Nah, just asking, homie. Smile
(2008-10-28, 10:15 AM)boricua86 Wrote: [ -> ]Last time I checked not everyone can pay for things online, and a meal where i'm from is 5.68€ thats about 7$. So its not less, not everyone lives in the USA.

So how would it be if I offer free themes and graphics and then start charging for them? Would you like that?

I wasn't the one who said it was simple, please read some more.

Actually it's still cheaper than that. You buy a meal and eat it the same day. You pay $5 a year for the plugins and that turns out to be 1.4 cents a day. If you can find a meal for less than that, let me know. I would love to stay away from that restaurant. They must have horrible food for that kind of price. Toungue Also, since 5.68€ is about $7, then $5 is still less than 1 meal at McDonalds.

With that said, why can't you just edit the templates? It's easy. All it takes is some simple HTML knowledge. If you need help with where to put the HTML and what to put, we can help you with it.
Creating the sideboxes is easy. Adding the dynamic boxes isn't. Creating a system that allows them to be left or right wasn't that hard. Creating a system to display on the index and/or the forum display pages took time.

Quote:Mybb is free, so its plugins should be too.

Mybb is free. My time is not. I am not mybb. My plugins do not have to be free.

When you have a free computer, free internet connection, free domain, and free hosting..then maybe...just maybe...you can get my plugins for free too. Never understood why people think EVERYTHING has to be free just because mybb is. Realistically you pay for everything else.