MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Manually deactivating plugins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
how can i manually (via my sql admin) deactivate plugins?

i did not uninstall the game plugin when i upgraded to 1.4, and how i can't install a new one without removing the old one.

which tables in the db would have the plugin information?

Thanks!
To find the tables, just look at the name. It would have created a new table, most likely with the word game in it.
i dont have game sections, which is why it won't let me deactivate it. wierd.
what does it look for to see if the plugin is activated or deactivated? is there like a flag i need to switch off somehwere?
Run this code in phpMyAdmin:
SELECT cache FROM mybb_datacache WHERE title='plugins'

Paste the result here (make sure you are copying the entire contents because sometimes phpMyAdmin only shows the first few characters).
cache` = 'a:1:{s:6:"active";a:45:{s:9:"userperms";s:9:"userperms";s:9:"postonreg";s:9:"postonreg";s:10:"glowbbcode";s:10:"glowbbcode";s:11:"alphabbcode";s:11:"alphabbcode";s:10:"blurbbcode";s:10:"blurbbcode";s:11:"fliphbbcode";s:11:"fliphbbcode";s:11:"flipvbbcode";s:11:"flipvbbcode";s:12:"shadowbbcode";s:12:"shadowbbcode";s:10:"wavebbcode";s:10:"wavebbcode";s:8:"boardmsg";s:8:"boardmsg";s:4:"asoi";s:4:"asoi";s:8:"staffapp";s:8:"staffapp";s:12:"browsethread";s:12:"browsethread";s:12:"ignore_posts";s:12:"ignore_posts";s:8:"multirep";s:8:"multirep";s:5:"games";s:5:"games";s:4:"uacp";s:4:"uacp";s:7:"dynmeta";s:7:"dynmeta";s:10:"bdaymailer";s:10:"bdaymailer";s:9:"showrefer";s:9:"showrefer";s:2:"pp";s:2:"pp";s:7:"youtube";s:7:"youtube";s:11:"atchgallery";s:11:"atchgallery";s:7:"plugpma";s:7:"plugpma";s:6:"medals";s:6:"medals";s:3:"mp3";s:3:"mp3";s:8:"missmail";s:8:"missmail";s:7:"pmadmin";s:7:"pmadmin";s:6:"repost";s:6:"repost";s:13:"threadtooltip";s:13:"threadtooltip";s:18:"spicefuse_shoutbox";s:18:"spicefuse_shoutbox";s:7:"akismet";s:7:"akismet";s:5:"metag";s:5:"metag";s:14:"defaultprofile";s:14:"defaultprofile";s:4:"mood";s:4:"mood";s:9:"trackback";s:9:"trackback";s:10:"latestnews";s:10:"latestnews";s:6:"adsafp";s:6:"adsafp";s:6:"social";s:6:"social";s:10:"lastxonucp";s:10:"lastxonucp";s:12:"missyouemail";s:12:"missyouemail";s:8:"overview";s:8:"overview";s:14:"board_messages";s:14:"board_messages";s:17:"googletranslation";s:17:"googletranslation";s:11:"RegCheckbox";s:11:"RegCheckbox";}}'
)
Ok now run this SQL query:
UPDATE mybb_datacache SET cache='a:1:{s:6:"active";a:44:{s:9:"userperms";s:9:"userperms";s:9:"postonreg";s:9:"postonreg";s:10:"glowbbcode";s:10:"glowbbcode";s:11:"alphabbcode";s:11:"alphabbcode";s:10:"blurbbcode";s:10:"blurbbcode";s:11:"fliphbbcode";s:11:"fliphbbcode";s:11:"flipvbbcode";s:11:"flipvbbcode";s:12:"shadowbbcode";s:12:"shadowbbcode";s:10:"wavebbcode";s:10:"wavebbcode";s:8:"boardmsg";s:8:"boardmsg";s:4:"asoi";s:4:"asoi";s:8:"staffapp";s:8:"staffapp";s:12:"browsethread";s:12:"browsethread";s:12:"ignore_posts";s:12:"ignore_posts";s:8:"multirep";s:8:"multirep";s:4:"uacp";s:4:"uacp";s:7:"dynmeta";s:7:"dynmeta";s:10:"bdaymailer";s:10:"bdaymailer";s:9:"showrefer";s:9:"showrefer";s:2:"pp";s:2:"pp";s:7:"youtube";s:7:"youtube";s:11:"atchgallery";s:11:"atchgallery";s:7:"plugpma";s:7:"plugpma";s:6:"medals";s:6:"medals";s:3:"mp3";s:3:"mp3";s:8:"missmail";s:8:"missmail";s:7:"pmadmin";s:7:"pmadmin";s:6:"repost";s:6:"repost";s:13:"threadtooltip";s:13:"threadtooltip";s:18:"spicefuse_shoutbox";s:18:"spicefuse_shoutbox";s:7:"akismet";s:7:"akismet";s:5:"metag";s:5:"metag";s:14:"defaultprofile";s:14:"defaultprofile";s:4:"mood";s:4:"mood";s:9:"trackback";s:9:"trackback";s:10:"latestnews";s:10:"latestnews";s:6:"adsafp";s:6:"adsafp";s:6:"social";s:6:"social";s:10:"lastxonucp";s:10:"lastxonucp";s:12:"missyouemail";s:12:"missyouemail";s:8:"overview";s:8:"overview";s:14:"board_messages";s:14:"board_messages";s:17:"googletranslation";s:17:"googletranslation";s:11:"RegCheckbox";s:11:"RegCheckbox";}}' WHERE title='plugins'

Then MyBB should recognize the "games" plugin is deactivated. Please note you will need to clean up the other plugin stuff yourself (files, database alterations, templates, etc).
Thanks!

just to know, for the future, this sql query, gives you all "activated" Plugins? so to deactivate it, all i have to do is remove that particular plugin form this string?
(2008-10-27, 06:40 PM)MadamZuZu Wrote: [ -> ]just to know, for the future, this sql query, gives you all "activated" Plugins?
Yes
(2008-10-27, 06:40 PM)MadamZuZu Wrote: [ -> ]so to deactivate it, all i have to do is remove that particular plugin form this string?
Yes, but the string is in a serialized format. I don't recommend manually editing it if you don't know what you're doing (you can end up with everything disabled if you don't enter it correctly).
thanks Dennis!

last question, after reinstalling the Game section, would it atuomatically add the string into that plugins table, or would i have to change it manually again?
When you activate it, MyBB will add the string back to the active plugins datacache.
Pages: 1 2