MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Fresh install of mybboard 1.4.x not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been using Mybboard of quite some time now,but since the new versions arived (1.4.x) I wanted to upgrade to it.

I just followed the instructions like told in the help documents. but....

As soon as I try to go to http://mywebsitename/install, my browser gets blank, and below it tells me that the page is done. Nothing else happens.

in other words, I do not get the install screen what ever I try.

Could it be that my PHP is not suitable for this? (I run php 4.4.1 on my own server together with SQL server.) On older versions everything goes fine till 1.2.14 but versions after that wont install

anybody know what could be wrong?

thanks in advance..
cheszco
You mention you want to upgrade? Which are you doing - a fresh install or an upgrade?

Fresh Install
Upload the package to a directory, CHMod the files and then go to ./install/index.php.

Upgrade
Upload the package so it overwrites the current board, and run ./install/upgrade.php.

I think there was a problem with a blank page in the past but that's during the installer, rather than at the beginning.

The minimum requirements is PHP 4.3.11 and mySQL 4.0 and above.
Thank you for your fast reply Tom,

well I am running MySQL 4.1.16 in a phpMyAdmin 2.7.0-pl2 console, so I figure that should be enough.

I tried everything you discribed, actually did it with upgrade but also with the fresh install. with both happens the same. rebooting the server does not help aswell....

Like I said, I used the older versions, and had no problems in installing them. and I know about CMOD and stuff like that. I tried all version of 1.4, all of them give the same prob...

Could it be that these new versions are taking up more processing space? which causing the server to 'stall' ? or causing at least the php to crash?
I am running a Apache/1.3.33 (Unix) server. running Linux version 2.6.18 (root@theszlinux64) (gcc version 3.4.4 (release) (CodeSourcery ARM 2005q3-2)) #174 Wed Mar 12 17:13:32 UTC 2008

Device Mountpoint Size Free
System / 133 MByte 47.0 MByte
RAM Disk /ramdisk 2.00 MByte 1.82 MByte
User /home 152 GByte 125 GByte

Processor : XScale-IXP42x Family rev 1 (v5b)
BogoMIPS : 266.24
Features : swp half fastmult edsp
CPU implementer : 0x69
CPU architecture : 5TE
CPU variant : 0x0
CPU part : 0x41f
CPU revision : 1

maybe its not enough?

any other ideas for me? please?

greetz
cheszco
You're probably best of waiting for a developer to notice this thread, I can only speculate on what the problem is! If it's automatically loading to a blank page it could be connected to the previous error from before.

The blank page problem is discussed somewhere else in the forum - but was mostly down to mySQL 4.0. Your best route is to probably upgrade to mySQL 5.
Anything in your server error logs?
(2008-10-28, 07:38 PM)DennisTT Wrote: [ -> ]Anything in your server error logs?

most of the errors were related to time outs in the PhP engine... I am sorry to not have the exact logs here now, I should do a new install, to replicate the errors, and copy and paste them in here. I will do it soon. if you are interested.

that is why I was wondering if the new versions starting with 1.4.x might have more processes running then the previous versions, which is causing a simple dedicated server like I have, to not function properly anymore...

Thanks for looking at my problem,...

regards
cheszco