MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to put the portal in Index
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi! I want to put the portal, exist any plugin or mod for put the portal? I know that mybb have a portal, /portal.php, but i can't put the portal as the index, and i can't add menus.
You can find out how to make the portal the index if you search the forums. What do you mean by adding menus??
mm, por example, i want to put at the left, one menu, that are:
· Home Page
· Forum
· Download

I dont want the statics of the forum.
Well, u could install Joomla on your host.......its great, haven't tried it myself though :p
I have the joomla, but i prefer that the users have to register one time.
Well, i change the question, but i know that exist one mod that put the portal on index, but only one time, i dont know why.
go to:

1) AdminCP
2) Settings (Configuration)
3) General Configuration

In the board URL change it to yourforum.com/portal.php
Or if you have Cpanel or a host that allows redirects, redirect your forum index.php to the portal.php
or rename index.php to forum.php and portal.php (Matt_ Said below Toungue)
(2008-10-28, 06:08 PM)mcgroove Wrote: [ -> ]go to:

1) AdminCP
2) Settings (Configuration)
3) General Configuration

In the board URL change it to yourforum.com/portal.php

No do not do that as you will seriously mess up your forum. That setting is where the files of the forum are.

I think what people do is rename index.php to forum.php and portal.php to index.php
You can try MKPortal, it integrates nicely with MyBB. Note: to make it work with MyBB 1.4.x, you'll have to modify it a bit, there is a topic on how to do it.