MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Should I do these modifications ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

A client asked me to do these modifications to the post\edit page (the attached), once MyBB devs. told me that modifying the rating system isn't recommended as per the upgrade issues and etc. so was wondering if this mod. also might be the same, Also, is it possible to do these changes by the help of a plugin? not that there's a plugin for this, I mean is it possible to develop a MyBB plugin that do these things?

Regards,
I think you'll have to elaborate. I'm not sure what it is you actually want to do, and there is no file attached.
(2008-10-28, 06:22 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]I think you'll have to elaborate. I'm not sure what it is you actually want to do, and there is no file attached.

Hi,

Sorry, now attached.

Bests,
What advantage does this plugin offer? It seems to remove a lot of useful features just so you can replace it with smilies that are usually on the left anyway.
(2008-10-29, 01:15 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]What advantage does this plugin offer? It seems to remove a lot of useful features just so you can replace it with smilies that are usually on the left anyway.

Hi,

Well, this is not the case actually. My client wants that page to look thus; the question is that, is it ok to do these? any problems? any issue with the upgrades then? or something like that, just wondering, and also he wants to know if it's possible to create a plugin that could handle these.

Good day,
You probably need to edit the Javascripts for that, which you can't manipulate with plugins. I don't think there's that much of a problem for the time being.
(2008-10-29, 06:27 PM)DennisTT Wrote: [ -> ]You probably need to edit the Javascripts for that, which you can't manipulate with plugins. I don't think there's that much of a problem for the time being.

Hi,

Aha, and no problem with doing upgrades?

Cheers,