MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Displaying News on Homepage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
could someone help me?(post 79)
Just replace gmdate with date. Example: Change the line
$date = gmdate("jS F Y", $news['dateline']);
to
$date = date("jS F Y", $news['dateline']);
times are still in gmt
would it be possable to just subrtact 8 from the varable? I know very little php, but if that would work i think that i could try to look up what would needed to be done
$date = date("jS F Y", $news['dateline'] - (60*60*8));
Why don't you just have it as an default timezone on your forum?
it is, however for some reson the news page still shows gmt, however with your code just the date changes not the time
do this -> $news['dateline'] = $news['dateline'] - (60*60*8); add it over the $date and $time and revert the one I said before.
had to do a little fixing up(i think that my servers time might be off), but it now works! Thank you!
Does k776's still work (post 20)?
Because I get these errors, even though I'm relatively positive I modified the path correctly:

Warning: main(./forum/inc/config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/whatever/public_html/blah.php on line 183

Warning: main(./forum/inc/config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/whatever/public_html/blah.php on line 183

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required './forum/inc/config.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/whatever/public_html/blah.php on line 183
Any suggestions?
If not, which of the posted news codes should I be using?

Thanks.
Change ./forum to the path of your forum.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12