MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Registration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How may I change the message the guests see when registering?
(2008-10-28, 11:40 PM)MCII-Totality Wrote: [ -> ]How may I change the message the guests see when registering?

You have to edit the "member.lang.php" file in your language folder (i.e. inc/languages/english).

Once you download the file, open it and start from here:

$l['agreement'] = "Registration Agreement";

The next few lines are part of the agreement. Once you're done upload and overwrite.
It's easier to edit it through the ACP, no?

Go to "Configuration" and on the left is "Languages". Edit your pack, and then edit "member.lang.php". Just search for agreement and you'll find the individual sections in the agreement.

Smile
(2008-10-29, 09:06 AM)Tom.M Wrote: [ -> ]It's easier to edit it through the ACP, no?

Go to "Configuration" and on the left is "Languages". Edit your pack, and then edit "member.lang.php". Just search for agreement and you'll find the individual sections in the agreement.

Smile

Yeah I never edit files unless I really must, isn't worth the risk of messing something up. Make sure all the language files are CHMODd to 666 though, otherwise you can't edit them in the ACP.
ah sorry, I guess I like to do things the hard way. Blush
well i think you can play with a file making its backup first Smile
then how do you make a backup?? O.o
If you mean database... ACP > Tools & Maintenance > Database Backups > New Backup. Select all tables, plain text is usually best, download, structure and data, and say yes to analyse and optimise.

Or if you mean files... exact method varies between host control panels but there is generally an option to download a file which is in effect backing it up.
...i didnt understand you at all. o.O
Ok, what is it exactly that you want to backup?? Wasn't too clear in the first post.
Pages: 1 2