MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Textboxes in Mybb on IE6 be late taking focus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!,
I' noticed thet textboxes in posting and in template changing are late in taking focus in IE6 (In firefox all go well), and therefore is difficult managing messages end templates. In templates it take many time to do the copy-paste. Since many users use IE6 I think that this issue is important
Thanks.
There really isn't anything we can do about an old, outdated, and buggy browser. Why don't you upgrade to IE7 or simply use Firefox?
Hello Ryan Gordon,
thank you for reply. But the problem isn't that I use IE6. The problem is that, at last in Italy, too many users are still using IE6.
Therefore, I think, the problem exist.
Thank you, howerver, for this most beautiful board.
Goodbye.
In a sense, the OP is right - according to the W3Schools statistics, 22.3% of people in September used IE6.

Although coding for every browser is impossible - and for the interests in safety for your member's computers, you should suggest they upgrade to something more secure.
I agree, use Firefox instead to solve this problem. I really hate IE
You mean when you click on a textbox, it doesn't allow you to type in until a few seconds later? If that is the problem, it's not a MyBB issue since we don't block textboxes for X seconds...
(2008-10-30, 12:24 PM)Tom.M Wrote: [ -> ]In a sense, the OP is right - according to the W3Schools statistics, 22.3% of people in September used IE6.

Although coding for every browser is impossible - and for the interests in safety for your member's computers, you should suggest they upgrade to something more secure.

And we do provide support for IE6, but there isn't anything we can do about this issue. We don't just say let's block the editor in IE6 for a few seconds. That is a problem with IE6