MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problem Upgrade 1.2 -> 1.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi everybody,

I tried to update my forum yesterday. My system meets the requirements and my current version is 1.2.
I followed the guide and finally got stuck in the upgrade.php:

I get the message
"Performing necessary upgrade queries.. Click next to continue with the upgrade process. "
and when I click on the Next-button nothing happens.
My forum is not that big and even after some minutes there was no progress.

Browsing my forum gives the know message.
MyBB has experienced an internal error and cannot continue.

Error Type:
    MyBB Error (40)
Error Message:
    Your board has not yet been installed and configured. Please do so before attempting to browse it.

Some tries later, I restored the files from the backup and it worked quiet well, so that I assume that the database has not been touched.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Best regards,
Stefan
When going from 1.2.x to 1.4.x, delete all 1.2.x files, upload all the 1.4.x files, and visit ./install/upgrade.php. That will update the tables.
Thats what I did. I also took care of the permissions. But ./install/upgrade.php did not launch any queries...
READ again...
Quote:Error Message:
Your board has not yet been installed and configured. Please do so before attempting to browse it.

First install your board... or u just remove the database or You overwrite config.php
(2008-10-29, 01:30 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]When going from 1.2.x to 1.4.x, delete all 1.2.x files

(2008-10-29, 02:09 PM)calvin123 Wrote: [ -> ]Thats what I did.

I have a strange feeling you've deleted ./inc/config.php, so that MyBB thinks you haven't installed it... Undecided

Keep this file in place when performing upgrades.
Ah damn I didn't mean upgrade.php, I had 3 threads open at once, my bad.
I deleted the whole folder and uploaded the new version.
My backup of config.php is in ./inc as it is supposed to be.
I set all permissions to 775 and browsed ./install/upgrade.php.

And I am still stuck on the page:
Performing Queries

Performing necessary upgrade queries..
All permissions are 775?? I don't know what actually happens when it does those queries but I'd assume the files that need CHMODing would need to be CHMODd for this... PM me FTP and admin details and I'll take a look at it sometime.
What version of 1.2 are you using? Also what MySQL version are you using?
MyBB Version: 1.2
PHP Version: 5.2.5
DB Version: MySQL 5.1.22
Pages: 1 2 3