MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: User Editing Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Guys

I Have a Major problem when changing users groups

I Select what i want them to be , and an error messege appears saying :

The following errors were encountered:

* The language you selected does not exist. Please select an existing language.

What to Do ?

Please help ![/b][/align]
http://community.mybboard.net/search.php

Under Account Settings, at the bottom, choose a language that isn't 'Use Default'. And I also suggest upgrading to 1.4.3, this was fixed in that.
How can i do that ? without losing posts and threads ?

any easy tutorial
http://community.mybboard.net/thread-39705.html

Make a database backup (just to be safe), close your board, and replace the changed files. There is no need for the upgrade script.
There is no database changes in 1.4.3...?...

Best to take a backup of your MyBB files before you upgrade. You should get used to this practice whenever you upgrade your software! This is just in case something goes wrong, we can restore it to the last known setup that worked...
(2008-10-29, 10:02 PM)Tom.M Wrote: [ -> ]There is no database changes in 1.4.3...?...

Nope, no upgrade necessary.
(2008-10-29, 10:05 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]Nope, no upgrade necessary.

So why make a database backup?! Toungue

If a full change to 1.4.3 isn't your thing at the moment, then make sure the ./admin/inc/functions.php file (in the changed files package) is uploaded and this bug will be fixed.
(2008-10-29, 10:17 PM)Tom.M Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-10-29, 10:05 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]Nope, no upgrade necessary.
So why make a database backup?! Toungue

In case something goes wrong. Perhaps a file was corrupted and somehow caused something to happen in the database?

Backups => Peace of mind => Happy people => Happy support team => Happy development team => Faster development of MyBB => Sooner release of next MyBB version => Happy community => People become more interested in MyBB and read the documentation => Community learns about backups => Backups => Peace of mind => Happy people => Happy support team => continue loop.
I will stand corrected when...

Rolleyes
Toungue I always just make sure I have a backup so I can't say 'I wish I'd made a backup' if something goes wrong. Better to be over prepared than underprepared.