MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: calendar permissions help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hi
i wonder if u could help me with this

i have primary user groups, like registered, administrator, and mods
and secondary, 1st year, 2nd year, 3rd year

in the calendar, an admin with all permissions, who is also a 3rd year, can't edit events by other members, he can if he leaves 3rd year as a secondary group

the permissions for admins are all, for 3rd years are add, edit, not moderate

how can i set it so that an admin, who is a 3rd year, can moderate the calendar?

sorry if my explanation ain't clear, i'll re-explain if u need Smile

thnx in advance
Hi,
Can you try this?? (This is assuming you gave calendar permissions via the usergroup settings). ACP > Configuration > Calendars > **choose calendar** > Permissions.
See if you can set the desired permissions here.
What I think is happening, from your description, is that there's a conflict of permissions between the primary and secondary groups.
permissions are set as i said there Angel

any ideas?
i understand perhaps i was a little vague, here it is
my primary group has moderate calendar set to yes
my secondary group has moderate calendar set to no
i cannot moderate calendar
what can i do so i can without leaving my secondary group?
(2008-11-01, 04:41 PM)ahmed1 Wrote: [ -> ]i understand perhaps i was a little vague, here it is

By the sounds of it the NO setting is overriding the YES setting, as labrocca noticed for reputations somewhere.
(2008-11-01, 08:28 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-11-01, 04:41 PM)ahmed1 Wrote: [ -> ]i understand perhaps i was a little vague, here it is

By the sounds of it the NO setting is overriding the YES setting, as labrocca noticed for reputations somewhere.

No, that's only in cases of the "display group" only on the showthread for certain permissions. The scope of the problem is limited.
(2008-11-03, 05:28 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]

No, that's only in cases of the "display group" only on the showthread for certain permissions. The scope of the problem is limited.

i am sorry but i can't seem to understand Blush

does the yes override the no or is it the other way around?
(2008-11-03, 10:12 PM)ahmed1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-11-03, 05:28 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]

i am sorry but i can't seem to understand Blush

does the yes override the no or is it the other way around?

Yes Overrides the No Always. However, when you have a display group, it will override what is "displayed" to the permissions set in that group.
(2008-11-04, 05:20 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]Yes Overrides the No Always. However, when you have a display group, it will override what is "displayed" to the permissions set in that group.

but the Yes is my display group.

or am i understanding incorrectly?
The display group has no effect on permissions. It only changes the "look" of your user.
Pages: 1 2