MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: ThankYou (3.0.6) plugin - screen layout bug
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i installed the plugin and it seem to run fine (at least on my browsers: FF,MSIE,CHROME)

a user contacted me immediately over icq to tell me, that the screen layout is destroyed..

we worked together a bit and found out that the thank-you-plugin seemed to be responsible...
first i thought, it might "collide with" the ADAFP ("Ads after first post (2.2)") plugin, but even with the ADAFP deactivated, the screen layout was destroyed for him, as long as the thank-you-plugin was activated.

so for him, and only for him, the bug was 100% reproducable with the thank-you-plugin.. he also sent me a screenshot and a html-capture of the broken page... funnily, this bug appeared for him not only on FF, but also on CHROME... so i don't think it could be a special browser plugin, causing the problems...

maybe you have some idea what the thank-you-plugin does or what could cause this?

------
small update:
it seems the bug appears only on the "HORIZONTAL" screen layout and NOT in the CLASSIC layout... i switched to horizontal and the bug also appears for me now...

maybe someone else could validate, that the thank-you-plugin is incompatible with the horizontal thread layout ?!
No it is not incompatible, I'm using it actually...
Maybe it's some other hack (modifying the showthread.php maybe) that causes this.

Regards
Plugin works fine here too.
i analysed the problem a bit...
[attachment=11543]

with the plugin activated (even with all other stuff deactivated and the postbit template REVERTED to original), the false layout shows...

the reason is explained in the picture:
after the thank-listing below the 1st post, all div tags (posts,content and container!) are closed... and everything after it, is just left outside of it although it would belong within them.. that's why the whole screen layout is effed up...

funny thing 1) you wouldn't recognise this unless you had a non-100%-width-screen layout/template (like i do on my forum)
funny thing 2) doesn't happen with classic showthread layout

and: without the plugin activated, everything (all posts) are kept within the div#posts container, so the screenlayout is 100% correct :ß