MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Questions about switching
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Currently on my board we use phpbb but we are thinking of switching to mybb to gain more features and more control of are boards.

But before we switch we would like to know if mybb would allow us or give us the things we would need to accomplish some things we want to do.

I am going to reference a site to show what we want to do. This site was made from vbulletin and it is a download site forum kind of mix you'll see when I get started

1. This is for only one of our sections the download one. What we want is for every thread to have a image right next to it when the user is looking through all the threads he will see a pic for that thread and then all the usual stuff. We would also like for the stickied threads to have a image at the top too.
Thread

2. We would also like have a comment system instead of a reply one for are forum too. in this room the comments would go on the bottom. And their would also be a place for images and such and the games required. So basically like a visitor system for the post in the download section.
3. Lastly we would like to revamp or profile system. We would like it show all the threads the user has made in the download section have them split into groups and then have it show the picture from the download section too. So other users could see what that user had uploaded to the site here is the example

So basically we are looking for something that would allow us to make our forum more like a download site if mybb can allows us too do this we might switch too it. Anyways this is our site Lebensim
and this is the one we want to become more like Modthesims

So basically we are looking for forum software that would allow us to look more professional and like a download site