MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 403 Forbidden error in ACP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just recently started having a problem with the ACP. For some reason when I try to access any of the settings I get a 403 Forbidden error.

I'll copy and paste the error below so you might be able to tell me what is causing it:

Quote:Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forum/*********/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.2.10 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.10 OpenSSL/0.9.8i DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.xtemu.com Port 80

I know I have permissions to access everything as I am the root administrator/owner and permissions are set properly.

I have permission to access the index.php file in the admin directory as I am able to load the index of the ACP without a problem, but trying to access settings, templates, themes, plugins or anything that uses this url string of "index.php?module=config/" gives me the 403 error above.

I tried uploading a fresh /admin/index.php file which obviously didn't solve anything.

My website is still functioning as normal without issues, just I can not access these critical parts of the ACP without it throwing this error at me.

I started noticing this after I attempted to run a PHP sitemap generator script from enarion.net, called PHPSiteMapGen.

While it was running and indexing my website I received an out of memory error/message on the sitemap generator script. Immediately afterward I had this issue with accessing the settings/configurations in my ACP.

I am unsure if the problem is related to the sitemap generator script....
What will I have to do to fix it? Will I have to contact my host or is there another way?
The third post in that thread linked [Wiki: Help:mod_security] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead) - you can try there first.