MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Auto Quotes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do I stop the forum from automatically quoting the post it is replying to?

I'm using a new installation of Mybb and I am *very* new to forums/websites/HTML.

I would like my posters to have the option of quoting, but I do not want it to be automatic.

Help! Thanks Smile

Jenna
If you just use the quick reply or the "New Reply" buttons at the top and bottom of the thread, you won't get any quoted text, like in this post for example.
Clicking the 'Reply' button [Image: postbit_quote.gif] inside somebody's post will take you to a page quoting that post, I think this is what you're doing. IMO that button should be renamed 'Quote' as it can lead people to believe that they are just going to reply but they end up quoting.
What's to stop them from just deleting the content?

I don't think it should be renamed - but I think the image can be changed. Perhaps a "Reply" (with speech marks), which implies you'll be quoting...?...

Or something like IPB has with the quotes:

[Image: bbipbov6.jpg]

But as a reply button... obviously...
(2008-10-30, 09:17 AM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]Clicking the 'Reply' button [Image: postbit_quote.gif] inside somebody's post will take you to a page quoting that post, I think this is what you're doing. IMO that button should be renamed 'Quote' as it can lead people to believe that they are just going to reply but they end up quoting.

It was named "Quote" before 1.2.x. When multi-quote came in with 1.2.x, it got confusing.
Thanks for the answers. Is there any way for me to go in and make that button say quote instead of reply? Honestly, I think my membership might get confused/frustrated and when that happens, usage drops Sad
Sure you can grab the latest GDK here: http://community.mybboard.net/thread-5273.html and change the image text. Hopefully you have a program that opens PSDs.
Or take this Toungue
well i think above post is much better option Toungue