MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: didn't deactivate Plugins before upgrading
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I tried to upgrade from Mybb 1.2.13 to the latest release. As there was nothing about it I did not deactivate any plugins and uploaded the files. When I finished uploading the files and wanted to start the installation it said it would be recommended to deactivate any plugins before upgrading. Unfortunately it was not possible to deactivate them as I had already uploaded the files so that in the Admin CP it was not possible to deactivate the plugins. When I had upgraded nothing was working anymore because of the plugins. I cannot even deactivate the crucial plugins. Please help me. What could I do? I have a backup of the database and I hope that the backup of the files is complete, but I don't know that. So is there a way without reverting the forum back to the old version. And if not, how can I revert back the forum to the old version?
(2008-10-30, 10:32 PM)firefox-forum.eu Wrote: [ -> ]When I had upgraded nothing was working anymore because of the plugins.

Specifically...??

If your file download was indeed successful, what I'd do is reupload all that, upload your backup, (giving you back your forum exactly how it was before), then deactivate the plugins, make a new backup, and then upgrade.

However, before doing that, just explain what the problems are, because it may well be a really small thing that's gone wrong which would be easier to fix than doing the above Smile
If you have a backup then you simply just need to upload your backup instead of your current database.

You can use your backup with a fresh 1.2 installation, as any extra rows from the plugins won't be picked up by MyBB. Then you should be free to upgrade to 1.4!
It turned out that the database backup is corrupt (just 4 KB) so reverting the forum to the original 1.2.13-Version is impossible. In this new version the errors I got were something like the table ...rsstopost... does not exist, (when the rsstopost plugin is activated). I have deactivated all plugins now by deleting the datacache table, I hope this is not a problem (deactivating them using the plugin manager was impossible). When I did this and also used a different Theme everything was quite OK. But now I cannot activate Plugins anymore (they do not show up in the Plugin manager). Also the forum statistics are totally wrong now, they read "0 members" although I have 373 members Sad.

Should I just leave it as it is and wait for the next update? Could it be possible that an update would fix all this? What else could I do?
Well an update can't fix a messed up backup. Did you select any tables to backup?? If it's 4 KB it doesn't sound like you choose any tables.

No 1.2.x plugins will work with 1.4.x so don't bother trying to do anything with them.

Do a recount and rebuild in the ACP to sort out the stats.
I know that 1.2 Plugins do not work in 1.4, but I also cannot activate new Plugins for 1.4! I did a recount, that worked, thanks. The update does not have to fix my messed up backup. The problem is that plugins do not show up in my plugin manager. Could this have anything to do with the datacache table which I edited?
This is my datacache table
It's all right now. I had to delete all the Mybb 1.2 files in the plugin folder, now the new plugins show up in the Plugin manager. Smile
Just as advice, if you have everything working - backup everything, zip it and store it on your local computer. That way, if anything goes wrong in the future, you can easily say you can go back to a previous version.

It's good practice to do a regular backup too of your database. Smile