MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't see the other user's + visitors!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi There,

am an Admin on my forum, when I login to my forum, I can't see the other user's + visitors don't know why!!! I just I see my name ONLY and also with the other user's they only see their name ONLY in the forum, and they don't see even the visitor online on the forum while there's some visitors inside the forums !!!

I was giving some Permissions to some sections in my forum and then this problem showed up in my forums

can anyone help me out of this problem !!!! waiting a reply

Thanks a lot
You mean nobody else shows as online?

Firstly, are they online at the same time as you?

Do you all (somehow) share the same IP address?

Can you use PHPMyAdmin or a similar tool to tell me how many rows are in the mybb_sessions table?

Chris
Hi Chris,

1/ are they online at the same time as you?

Yes, we were Online @ the same time, and we can't see each other's name !!!

2/ Do you all (somehow) share the same IP address?

It was working before Chris, and I was seeing them online with me, but I don't know why this problem happend

3/ Can you use PHPMyAdmin or a similar tool to tell me how many rows are in the mybb_sessions table?

There's No mybb_sessions table in my forum DB Confused this's very strange thing !!! could be, the mybb_sessions table deleted in some how from my DB ??? mybb is 1.00 Release Candidate 4

waiting a reply,

Thanks a lot
Well, for starters, upgrade to MyBB 1.0 PR2 (the latest version available). 1.0 RC4 is no longer supported. Then let us know if the bug still exists.
I'm not sure but I think that the sessions table was added in MyBB 1.0 PR2.

Have you changed the permissions?

Admin-CP -> Users and Groups -> Manage Groups -> *Group* -> Edit Usergroup -> Permissions: Who's Online
Hi k776 & Michael83,

I didn't updated my froum to MyBB 1.0 PR2, and I don't know how to update it so, and I don't want to update it now until I finish from it

Have you changed the permissions?

No, I didn't changed anything in the permissions at all, and I hope I can get a solution for this problem so I can let work 100%

-Chris if you want my froum URL & my admin + password, so you can check it out from the admin section

waiting a reply
you really should update to pr2,

the themes will need to be redone anyway
Hi squall_leonhart69r,

Thanks a lot for your reply but, I wanna solve the problem, NOT running away from it and upgrade MyBB because I had a problem

I don't want ONLY to use MyBB, but also I wanna learn it, because I wanna try my best to add things to it later on

1.00 Release Candidate 4 is very simple caded and I wanna understand before I move to a New release Smile

Thanks a lot & waiting a reply
Up
^
^
^
Up
^
^
^
Up
Ah, well I'd say that is the problem then - in RC4 there are some slight problems with the who's online system on certain servers and this was resolved in Preview Release 2 (and higher).

I know you don't want to upgrade - but it's best to try, to see if this solves the problem.
Pages: 1 2