MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: *Edit* help, how to use Gmail with Mybb
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Thanks for the links dvb.

edit: Why is this so confusing for me? Arrrrggg
You may ask here any further question...
(2008-11-06, 02:55 AM)gimmezell Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the links dvb.
edit: Why is this so confusing for me? Arrrrggg
Well if you insist.

I've uploaded class.phpmailer.php and class.smtp.php to the root of my forum. I have not modified the files in anyway. If I'm missing a file please let me know.

What line in /inc/functions.php do I modify?

If and when I get the above parts set, what settings in SMTP section in MyBB to I use? And finally how do I test it?
(2008-11-07, 02:00 AM)gimmezell Wrote: [ -> ]Well if you insist.
I'm only want to help, you don't must Big Grin. It's even better that you'll try to do that alone, you can learn by experience.
(2008-11-07, 02:00 AM)gimmezell Wrote: [ -> ]I've uploaded class.phpmailer.php and class.smtp.php to the root of my forum. I have not modified the files in anyway. If I'm missing a file please let me know.

What line in /inc/functions.php do I modify?

If and when I get the above parts set, what settings in SMTP section in MyBB to I use?
Just look at the links mentioned above...
If you'll have more specific questions come again
(2008-11-07, 02:00 AM)gimmezell Wrote: [ -> ]And finally how do I test it?
I think you'll see all the outgoing mails from MyBB inside your 'Sent Mail' of your gmail account.
BTW I noticed this with other PHP-Gmail mailing scripts, Gmail servers will automatically put your Gmail address in the "From" address of outgoing emails regardless of what name/email you manually put in (I guess this is for spam reasons).
I did what this page said to do. I uploaded the below files to the Mybb folder.

class.smtp.php
class.phpmailer.php
phpmailer.lang-en.php (/inc/languages/english)

Using the instruction in the above link, I created a "mail.php" script, uploaded it and it sent an email from one of my gmail account to another one. Now I broke something because it doesn't work anymore. I deleted the "mail.php" for safety reasons. I wanted to confirm that everything still worked so I recreated the "mail.php" script and now I get the below error.

Message was not sent
Mailer Error: Language string failed to load: from_failed

What did I do wrong?
I think this is out of the scope of MyBB support if you're trying to use third party libraries.
(2008-11-07, 08:27 PM)DennisTT Wrote: [ -> ]I think this is out of the scope of MyBB support if you're trying to use third party libraries.

I understand.
(2008-11-07, 08:27 PM)DennisTT Wrote: [ -> ]I think this is out of the scope of MyBB support if you're trying to use third party libraries.

This is true, but I'll try to help as long as I can since every time I'm helping someone else I'm learning new things.

Could you please copy here the content of the four files you've mentioned?
(Don't forget to remove any password you've put inside these files)
Are you using any plugin related?
Any other info you think we should know? Every piece of info can help.
Pages: 1 2 3