MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [B] Show Reputations Group Bug
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The permission system is suppose to be YES based. If your current display group has "Show reputations for users in this group?" set to NO then well..it doesn't display. Shouldn't the behavior work off a YES from the main group or any group that has YES in it?
huh? How is this a bug? If "show reputations for users in this group" is set to no then the reputations for the users in this group don't display. How is that wrong?
His argument is:

If all my usergroups have "show reputations for users in this group" disabled, except for the Administrators usergroup, and I have an administrator in two usergroups: Administrators and Test Group, then that user does not have reputations showing, where as users with only Administrators as usergroup have it showing.
The permission system works like: A "yes" always overwrites a "no" so I'm not sure exactly where it's going wrong.
His argument is that for that particular permission, "no" overrides "yes". I haven't tested it, I'm just trying to articulate his issue Toungue
(2008-11-01, 06:18 AM)DennisTT Wrote: [ -> ]His argument is that for that particular permission, "no" overrides "yes". I haven't tested it, I'm just trying to articulate his issue Toungue

Exactly. The NO of the display group overrides the YES of the other groups...which is contrary to how the Mybb permission system is suppose to work.

Hope you see my point as you yourself explained how it's suppose to work.

Ryan Gordon Wrote:The permission system works like: A "yes" always overwrites a "no"

That's not how it's working.
I can't reproduce. I tested with my own test forum's admin account. His primary group is under "Administrator" with the permission set to "yes" and then he has an additional usergroup with the permission set to "no". I can still view, rate, etc others reputations.
And you changed his display group?

And the problem is that on your own posts the reputation in postbit doesn't display.

Here is the flaw in the logic:

inc/functions_post.php

if($post['userusername'])
	{
		if(!$post['displaygroup'])
		{
			$post['displaygroup'] = $post['usergroup'];
		}
		$usergroup = $groupscache[$post['displaygroup']];
	}
	else
	{
		$usergroup = $groupscache[1];
	}

That looks to use the displaygroup for $usergroup.

Now the permission system is suppose to use a YES from any group even if it's not display group. As far as I know this is the only setting that is inside postbit for display that would be effected.

For now I just altered all my usergroups to have display on for reputations. However this is contrary to the YES permission system of mybb.
Ah displaygroup... I see the issue now

Edit: I talked to Chris and this is the way it is designed. What would be the point of a "display group" if it didn't override the what was "displayed"?
Okay...that's cool if it's intended. I wasn't sure as the mybb system is based on any YES privilege. Go ahead mark as bogus.