MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Hostgator: Anyone having problems with admin CP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hostgator have updated their backend the last day or so with migration from Apache 1.3 to Apache 2.2 amongst other things.

Since the upgrade I am having trouble with my admin control panel. I can access it ok from the forum, and I can click on the headings running along the top of the control panel e.g. Home, Configuration, Forums & Posts etc. and the pages load fine.

The problem comes if I click on any links running down the left hand side e.g. under the home setting the option labelled Preferences, Version check etc. It is any of these types of links under any of the main headings. When I click on them it comes up page not found.

It is as though it is ok loading in the modules (e.g. in the address ..module=config) but when it comes to process a command attached to a file (e.g. ..module=config/settings) it cannot understand the command attached to the link if that makes sense.

The confusing thing is that everything else works perfectly. I have even done a fresh install of the latest version of the forum software in various ways (e.g. using php 4 and 5) and even on a clean install, all links work except for those in the admin control panel.

I am going to raise it with hostgator, but thought I would try here too in case anyone has any ideas.

Thanks Big Grin
The problem is with mod_security. All you have to do is contact support and they will add your site to the whitelist.
I've been a hostgator customer for years... all I did was go into their live chat, and they asked for a URL that was causing the problem.

They fixed it within minutes - and the problem is rightly mod_security.

Smile
Wooohooo thanks guys Big Grin Big Grin Heading off to ask them now Big Grin
A double posting, naughty I know so sorry, but just to let you know the problem was resolved. Thanks for your help Big Grin Big Grin