MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Profile question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is it possible to add new boxes to a profile...

As a box I mean "Signiture boxes or admin options" but a custom box for say, advertisements?
I take it you want it so they enter their own ads?? Sure... ACP --> Configuration --> Custom Profile Fields --> Add New Profile Field. I think you choose Text Area as the Field Type. Give it a name and description, rest should be obvious... depending on what sort of ad they'll place, I'm not sure if it allows HTML... my guess would be no.

Re-reading, if you want a totally new section, that'll be a little bit harder to do I'd imagine.
If you want to add parts to the profile page, such as adverts (Adsense?), then you just need to edit the Member templates (member_profile I think).

Here you can edit the HTML coding for the page, where you can drop in your Adsense codes...
Thanks for your help. however, Im not sure I gave the right description of what I meant.

[Image: 442VS36.png]

Is it possible to add new "BLOCKS" Is the question
Yeah that's what I realised you meant after I posted my main reply... I think that will require some sort of mod. Adding the other custom profile fields is easily done through the ACP, and adding a new section itself is, again, easy, but to have it different for each user will be harder. My suggestion would be to ask in the mods section.
(2008-10-31, 09:18 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah that's what I realised you meant after I posted my main reply... I think that will require some sort of mod. Adding the other custom profile fields is easily done through the ACP, and adding a new section itself is, again, easy, but to have it different for each user will be harder. My suggestion would be to ask in the mods section.

Ok thanks for your answer Smile
Admin CP --> Templates & Style --> Templates --> *expand your set* --> Member Templates --> member_profile

Here's a sample block:
<br />
<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder">
<tr>
<td colspan="2" class="thead"><strong>Advertisements</strong></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="trow1">Paste your adcode here</td>
</tr>
</table>

Put the above code before
{$modoptions}
But they want the user to be able to put their own ad in don't they?? Or did I just assume that?? Toungue
(2008-10-31, 09:34 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]But they want the user to be able to put their own ad in don't they?? Or did I just assume that?? Toungue

I assumed the admin wanted to specify an advertisement for the profile page.

Again, it goes to show that support requests should have specific questions!
Toungue Well, I may well be jumping to conclusions, but as it says 'custom box', it seems likely.
Pages: 1 2