MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Internal Server Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How come my forums show me a 500 Internal Server Error? It's been like that for a couple days.

http://thepokemon.freehostia.com/forums/
500 errors are server side problems.

Wikipedia Wrote:5xx Server Error

The server failed to fulfill an apparently valid request.
Response status codes beginning with the digit "5" indicate cases in which the server is aware that it has encountered an error or is otherwise incapable of performing the request. Except when responding to a HEAD request, the server should include an entity containing an explanation of the error situation, and indicate whether it is a temporary or permanent condition. Likewise, user agents should display any included entity to the user. These response codes are applicable to any request method.
500 Internal Server Error
501 Not Implemented
502 Bad Gateway
503 Service Unavailable
504 Gateway Timeout
505 HTTP Version Not Supported

So, drop them an email and ask what's going on.
If you have access to your server's error logs, maybe you can post the last few logs here.
It's not letting me access it at all. I'll open a ticket with my host.
500 errors that last a long time are awful, hopefully there's no data loss.
(2008-10-31, 09:49 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]500 errors that last a long time are awful, hopefully there's no data loss.

It usually means something is configured incorrectly. So if that "something" isn't fixed...well...you pretty much have a permanent problem.

(2008-10-31, 09:48 PM)Cultred Wrote: [ -> ]It's not letting me access it at all. I'll open a ticket with my host.

You can try removing .htaccess file if you have it in your MyBB folder (or renaming it temporarily to something else). That may be a problem. Where do you see this error? Just on MyBB or on other folders too?
(2008-10-31, 09:54 PM)DennisTT Wrote: [ -> ]You can try removing .htaccess file if you have it in your MyBB folder (or renaming it temporarily to something else). That may be a problem. Where do you see this error? Just on MyBB or on other folders too?

That's a point... would a good test be to make a file called hello.php with

<?php
echo "Hello World";
?>

in it, outside of the MyBB folder and see if you can view it?? Just so I know for the future. Well, you can only do that if you have some sort of FTP access, do you even have that right now?? If you can't, do you know of some sort of ftp:// URL that you can use?? I tend to use ftp:// in Windows Explorer to copy/delete/move files easily.
(2008-10-31, 09:54 PM)DennisTT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-10-31, 09:49 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]500 errors that last a long time are awful, hopefully there's no data loss.

It usually means something is configured incorrectly. So if that "something" isn't fixed...well...you pretty much have a permanent problem.

(2008-10-31, 09:48 PM)Cultred Wrote: [ -> ]It's not letting me access it at all. I'll open a ticket with my host.

You can try removing .htaccess file if you have it in your MyBB folder (or renaming it temporarily to something else). That may be a problem. Where do you see this error? Just on MyBB or on other folders too?

The .htaccess file is still htaccess.txt. My host said the problem was fixed, but it isn't so I replied. It should be good sooner or later.
New news. The problem was caused by the overuse of the servers. They are currently in the process of a hardware upgrade.
they fixed it Rolleyes