MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Database backup failure - gzip / zlib disfunctionality ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
i'm suffering the same problem.. (with manual and tasked backup)

the backup file backup_xxx.sql.gz gets created in the admin/backups folder with about 2 megabytes in size, but when i download the gz file and look into it...
the .sql file in it is over 3 gigabytes in size (i guess this is a false statement/info given by the archive)..
any attempt to extract parts of that thing fails (CRC error, unexpected EOF)...

is there any updated backup script ?

---
little update:
- i found out that it's the GZIP option that makes the script crash.. without that option activated, the script runs fine and saves the backup to the server backup folder
- with gzip/"download" option activated, it immediately offered me the file and i was able to extract the sql file from it, but the sql file only contained entries down to mybb_captcha... all the rest was not included
- i changed the gzip compression method from "9" to "6h" in the backupscripts, which worked successfully once... but more attempts with 6h also failed and produced corrupted output.

in the phpinfo() i found this:
Quote:zlib
ZLib Support enabled
Stream Wrapper support compress.zlib://
Stream Filter support zlib.inflate, zlib.deflate
Compiled Version 1.2.3
Linked Version 1.2.3

Directive Local Value Master Value
zlib.output_compression Off Off
zlib.output_compression_level -1 -1
zlib.output_handler no value no value
could the turned off output compression be the reason for the failure ?!
Does it work when you download as plain text??
i tried to make a manual backup with plain text for download...

after 15.5mb the file seemed to be finished, but only table/data until mybb_users are included (also not complete).. mybb_usertitles,warninglevels etc are NOT included...
--
then i tried to make a manual back with plain for storage on the server..
same result... internal server error 500, unfinished backupfile...

so basically, the whole backup function now fails on me :ß
that's a bit of a surprise, since i also use mysql-front for making backups which gets delivered to my PC without a flaw :ß
How huge is huge?? You could always download, say, 10 tables at a time, in plain text format, and then if the backup is ever needed, you can upload all the .sql files and all your tables should be there.

(Actually I'll test if that method will successfully restore a database in a bit. In theory it should, but I'll test it nonetheless).

That is, unless, you're doing the backups via a task...
the non compressed .sql file SHOULD be about 17mb... that's not really that much, but much more than a compressed 2.5mb :ß

with mysql-front,i just click the database,press export and within a few seconds, i got my complete database backup transfered and stored on my harddisk folder :ß

and i remember once i had experimented with some custom db backup script i found on hotscripts..also worked like a charm, doing a complete and failure free backup :ß
If your host provides phpMyAdmin you can try downloading your backups from there. The ACP backup may fail if you have large databases because most hosts enable a memory limit and execution timeout on all scripts.