MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How would I do this?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So basically any WYSIWYG editor will do? Any open source that you recommend?
Well it's not that 'it will do' but that will create the code for you. Then you just put it in a file and upload it.
I know people are going to cringe when I say this, but I happily use Dreamweaver for all my HTML/PHP coding and stuff... I use CS3 at the moment but my CS4 upgrade is coming next week!

As a "free" alternative, if you can get a hold of a copy for "NVU" (N-View) then you're good to go...

Edit: Seems to still be around: http://net2.com/nvu/
Cool, I'll check that out... SP and FP were the only two I've ever really used but they worked fine for me.
I like Nvu because it's based on Mozilla... I think they still kept the code when the Mozilla Internet Suite came about anyway...

Personally, it's either between Notepad++ or Dreamweaver... depends on what I'm doing...

Notepad++
Yeah I love Notepad++ too Smile
How would I copy the look of the default MyBB theme and include the header with either Notepad++ or NVU?
Take a look at the source code for your forum, and try and mimic the structure. Thankfully, MyBB still uses tables (<3 tables!) so it shouldn't be too hard to figure out where it is.

Bear in mind you need to deal with the CSS - MyBB also uses DIV tags. I'm not sure what the default theme has.

Either way, you should brush up on HTML and CSS over at w3schools. As a webmaster, you need to start to learn the basics of websites.
Pages: 1 2