MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Some suggestions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi Smile

What about:
° Adding a "move posts to another thread" (not threads to another forum) moderation option?
° Centering the Language and Theme selection in the themes horizontal bar?
[Image: dibujobn3.th.png][Image: thpix.gif]
° A "soft" deletion moderation option?
° Making the "Who's Online [Complete List]" only "Who's Online" as a link to the complete list?

Regards Wink
You can split a thread and then merge it with another one already. The language selection thing is centred there on the default theme and the theme selector is a plugin so MyBB can't do anything about it. Soft delete (if you mean something similar to what destroyer posted below) would be quite a good option. The WOL thing makes sense, but you can do that yourself.
Pretty good suggestions, though most of them are already available. You just gotta know where to look Wink
Quote:You can split a thread and then merge it with another one already.

Thats a little complicated..

The Trash Can is not what I mean, I mean that deleted posts stay visible to moderators as "Deleted" (as in vB for example) or can be "phisically deleted".

Regards
(2008-11-02, 09:36 PM)Shadow Player Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:You can split a thread and then merge it with another one already.

Thats a little complicated..

The Trash Can is not what I mean, I mean that deleted posts stay visible to moderators as "Deleted" (as in vB for example).

Regards

It isn't so much complicated, more an unnecessary step that I guess could be improved, although it isn't really a hugely used feature I wouldn't imagine. Do you mean stay in the thread?? I'd quite like that actually, as long as they were clearly marked, i.e. a different background colour.
I mean:

- Mark some posts
- Select "Move posts" from the moderation options
- Give a link to another thread
- Press "move"

And you're done Smile

All these features are allready available in many other forum systems...
I was administrating a vB forum a couple weeks ago (even though I got banned lol) and I'm really missing those features.

EDIT: I just noticed, take a look below, the language selection bar isn't centered in this forum's theme either Toungue
I can't deny that that wouldn't be useful in some circumstances but just to play devil's advocate... most of the time, the odd O/T post will go ignored, it'd take too much effort to remove every O/T post from every thread and wouldn't be worth it... and if there are so many O/T posts that the thread's subject changes, it'd normally be split into two threads. Basically there won't be many times when just 1 or 2 posts will be needed to be moved.

EDIT: It's centred fine for me. What browser do you use??
FF and Chrome show the same...

The soft deleted posts normally can be configured to auto-delete (phisically) after a certain time, so you don't have to do that manually, but it's a great feature because of many reasons Smile
Unapproving posts is pretty much a soft delete. I don't see a big need for auto-deleting these posts (they're not visible publicly, so don't see the need, unless you're fussy about a few extra KB's of DB space or something).
The Language selector looks quite nice here (Firefox 3): http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/3615/...d01jp8.jpg
Your issue would most likely be your custom theme.

Moving posts to another thread is an interesting idea - might be a bit of bloat for a standard feature (maybe not), but maybe a plugin which gives such a shortcut could work.
And for the Who's Online link... seriously, is it that big of an issue? I personally think having "complete list" makes things clearer...

Thankyou for your suggestions nonetheless.
Pages: 1 2