MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Thread views not being counted
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm noticing that the View count on my board is not increasing, even in threads that have replies.

This is a new installation of MyBB. I've attached a screenshot, and the forum can be viewed at http://www.paopencarry.org/forum/forumdi...php?fid=16
ACP > Tools & Maintenance > Task Manager > Thread Views > run that task (click the little alarm clock).

Does that do anything??

Also ACP > Configuration > Show Thread Options > Delayed Thread View Updates > OFF.
(2008-11-03, 12:45 AM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]ACP > Tools & Maintenance > Task Manager > Thread Views > run that task (click the little alarm clock).

Does that do anything??

Also ACP > Configuration > Show Thread Options > Delayed Thread View Updates > OFF.

That fixed it right up. I checked the options, and despite the settings being correct to have this run every 15 mins, it's just not happening.

While there, I also noticed a similar problem with most of the tasks.
Good, hopefully now it'll update ok. Now that the delayed thread view setting is set to off it won't need the task to run... but none of the tasks work?? What does it say in the task logs?? /index.php?module=tools/tasks&action=logs
The logs show all scheduled tasks last ran on 10/24. I manually ran all tasks tonight to get caught up, but left them scheduled to run as before so I can keep an eye on things.

One odd this is that the View count is supposed to update every 15 minutes. I just ran it today (manually) at 7:47 pm, but it's showing that it's not scheduled to run again until 12:55 am tomorrow morning, which is ~ 5 hours, NOT 15 minutes.
Hmm... well I would offer to have a look at it but I've just noticed it's 1AM Toungue PM me admin details if you like and I'll see if any settings are wrong (in the morning). For now, just double check that the time settings in the task are correct.
(2008-11-03, 01:06 AM)gnbrotz Wrote: [ -> ]The logs show all scheduled tasks last ran on 10/24. I manually ran all tasks tonight to get caught up, but left them scheduled to run as before so I can keep an eye on things.

One odd this is that the View count is supposed to update every 15 minutes. I just ran it today (manually) at 7:47 pm, but it's showing that it's not scheduled to run again until 12:55 am tomorrow morning, which is ~ 5 hours, NOT 15 minutes.

The Task System, unless setup on a cron job, can only run when a user visits the front-end of your forum. In addition, other tasks might have priority and it will take a continual flow of visitors if your tasks are to run always on time.

I have a few posts explaining this in more detail here and also on how to setup the task system to run via a cron job.
(2008-11-03, 05:38 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-11-03, 01:06 AM)gnbrotz Wrote: [ -> ]The logs show all scheduled tasks last ran on 10/24. I manually ran all tasks tonight to get caught up, but left them scheduled to run as before so I can keep an eye on things.

The Task System, unless setup on a cron job, can only run when a user visits the front-end of your forum. In addition, other tasks might have priority and it will take a continual flow of visitors if your tasks are to run always on time.

I have a few posts explaining this in more detail here and also on how to setup the task system to run via a cron job.

I'll look into cron jobs. I also found some info in other threads about scheduled tasks not running if there is no one online when the task is due to run. Since we're currently still in the early stages, we have only a small number of invited users, and traffic is definitely slow. At least now I understand why this is happening, and will make a mental note to trigger these tasks manually if I feel it's necessary.

Thanks very much for the input! I'm sure I'll be back with another issue soon.Wink