MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Getting Message
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I uploaded it and did the install, went into the forums, everything works GREAT....but when I go to add a new forum or something I get this message:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /Upload/admin/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.2.10 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.10 OpenSSL/0.9.8i DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server

I haven't added anything to it. I just uploaded it to my host. I then did the install. I thought it was going to work until I try to change something on the forum then it gives me that message. I basically get this message when going into any link in the admin control panel except for like the main things in it like "home" "configuration" but if I click a link inside that page it takes me to that error.
Sounds to me like it's another mod_security error; try reading this in the wiki... [Wiki: Help:Mod_security] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

If all else fails, contact your host and ask them to whitelist your domain against mod_security.

Basically, MyBB has a certain way of creating URLs to get to the sections you want to see. Unfortunately, some over-zealous hosts like to disable this method as it can be a security issue. Almost every host I've came across will do this for you though, and fixes the problem...
I shouldn't have mod security. I pay for my host. For my website. Plus I haven't added any mods. All I have done so far:

1. Upload the Zip File to my Root Directory [well the website I want it to be on]

2. Extract the Files

3. Did the Install...and it said it went through

Literally EVERYTHING works on the site. You can post on the forum
that starts off with the site. You can edit your profile and all that

But once you go into the admin control panel and you try to edit anything or go to anything in there you can't It will take you to that error message.

Like say I were to go into the admin control panel...it looks normal, like it should, so I go into Configuration and that looks normal, you can see all the options under that, but try to click on smilies and it will take you to that error.

This is just one example. All the tabs work in the admin control panel just you can't go into anything under the tabs. Like clicking the "word" like "Smiles" "Banned Members" w/e you want to see in the admin control panel. Those will not work. .
Just because it's paid doesn't mean you won't have mod_security. It's usually a good thing, you know. Ask them to whitelist you and you'll be fine.
(2008-11-03, 06:07 PM)Thatonemom Wrote: [ -> ]I shouldn't have mod security. I pay for my host. For my website. Plus I haven't added any mods.

Paying a host doesn't mean they won't have the same configurations and issues as non paying
Okay I asked them and they did say that. I never knew that. I have NO idea about mods or w/e. LOL. I thought mods
were in the forum. I thought you meant like a "forum host" because some people host just for forums. Wow this is so
cool. Thank you for all your help. You all really do help a bunch. I really just love these forums and they are better then
any I have seen. I have to wait till she is done with w/e but I cannot wait to test it out.
Smile

Your host will use something called Apache to run your website. Sadly, it has an addon (mod_security) that sometimes interferes with MyBB. The forum does attempt to disable it but sadly it doesn't always work...

Glad you got it working though Toungue