MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Post Icons missing??? after 1.4.3 upgrade?Image Issues???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
post icons missing, only some are missing?

also, the Images show up in attachments only as a download link, and the thumbnail is selected for posting attachments in posts.

could these issues be related???

and how to fix them, any ideas?

i tried to select and save the changes,,, for the thumbnail attachments, it wont work?

as for the post icons i tired to ftp the images, icons,,, doesn't change anything?
(2008-11-03, 08:01 AM)Pow-Mia Wrote: [ -> ]post icons missing, only some are missing?

as for the post icons i tired to ftp the images, icons,,, doesn't change anything?

Check the image paths to the post icons (as in, right click on the missing ones and verify the URL, or check the source to see if they are being created).

The way attachments work was changed in 1.4.3 due to a security/bug fix.
Because of Internet Explorer's over zealous attempts to read files for what they are not (aka MIME Sniffing) and therefore rouge applications can hide themselves in what would-be harmless image files or attachments. This is only done by Internet Explorer and personally I'd like to get "MIME Sniffing" removed from IE as it is extremely silly to make every single web application available on the Internet that offers downloads to have to cope with this so called "feature". Not only that, but the fix to this vulnerability in every single web application is half-assed. This really is a problem that the IE team should consider and change.
Im using Fire Fox, would i still be dealing with this MIME issue or rogue,,, is there any fix for this or download, i heard there was fire bug for fire fox? would that help?

so in the meanwhile with the attachments showing up as a download link rather than a thumbnail, what to do?

oh and one other question,,, since i got you here, on the pm admin, where does the image go ftp'd to what folder or file?
after upgrading to 143 it fell out?

A security Hole in my forum,,,, is not what i expected with the waiting for 129 to 1400 versions i thought i was upgrading?

I upgraded to a security hole, Big Grin
If I rebuild and recount the attachments in the tools and maintenance area, will that work? or will i lose all my attachments? are there any precautions i need to adhere to? oh i already did that twice, nothing happened eitherway!

so i guess theres no fix or what???
No one can understand what your asking/saying Pow-Mia
I only hear problems from people using IE. Firefox seems to work better. Even sending pm's IE has a red X for 'reply, forward and delete'

And this for 'online/offline' in users 'info box' when a post is made.

But only with IE not Firefox......
(2008-11-04, 05:15 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]No one can understand what your asking/saying Pow-Mia

I couldn't help but laugh at that SadToungue

(2008-11-11, 08:48 PM)CanadianLatitude Wrote: [ -> ]I only hear problems from people using IE. Firefox seems to work better. Even sending pm's IE has a red X for 'reply, forward and delete'

And this for 'online/offline' in users 'info box' when a post is made.

But only with IE not Firefox......

IE is generally rubbish but the way attachments were handled was changed in 1.4.3 for IE.
Special Thanks Tom , And Matt, for your help and of course the intellectual tiki tiki, Toungue