MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Default theme / user titles / and permissions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
URL: http://www.armednhammered.com
Test account username: Test
Test account password: testuser
MyBB version: 1.4.3

Default theme
I installed a new theme onto my forum and I deleted the default theme, but when I log out the theme that I thought I deleted is still showing. Also when new members register they see the default theme until they change it to the new theme in their profile. How do I get rid of the default theme?

User titles
I didn't want any titles such as Newbie, Junior Member, etc or the star icons under the username in the thread view. So I went to Users & Groups -> User Titles and I deleted them all, but are still showing up in the thread view.

Permissions
I want one of my forums to be a place where admins and mods can post topics and registered members can view these topics and reply, but they cannot start topics of their own. So I made the forum and when I set the permissons for the forum I unchecked "Can post threads?" under "Registered", but after doing this registered members couldn't view any of the threads in this forum.

I've been searching the forums to no avail, sorry if I missed something and double posted.

Thanks for reading.
Default theme - Can you try to 'Force on Users' (**choose theme** > Options > Force on Users) and also set it as default (click the little green arrow next to the theme and ot should turn to a little green box)??

Permissions - ACP > Forums & Posts > **choose forum** > Options > Permissions > **choose suergroup** > Set/Edit Permissions >>> Should be some more detailed options there.
User Titles - as far as I know, you'll need to totally remove them from the templates (postbit, showteam, member are the main ones). If you want them totally deleted feel free to ask for instructions on how to do it Smile

Permissions - not too sure unless I can take a look at the permissions table you have for that forum (screenshot). But make sure the "Can View" is ticked, both forum and category...

Edit: *Damn Matt and his faster typing!... 0_o