MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: All adminpanel links give forbidden error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I try to navigate within the ACP I constantly get the following error:

Quote:Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forum/[custom_admin_dir*]/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
* I removed my actual custom admin dir from the quote. Custom dir has been set for weeks using the good practices tutorial.

I can navigate using the top links (home, configuration, forums & posts etc.) but when I click something from the menu I get the error. All the files are CHMOD'ed (777) just like the Wiki says. I double checked this today.

Forum is www.tangodown.nl/forum

Any ideas? Undecided

P.S.
I'm running the latest version.
There's loads of threads on this... contact your host and ask them to whitelist you against mod_security (i.e. ask them to turn it off).
Sorry, it changed all of a sudden so my first reaction was to post something here. Thanks, I'll contact them.
No problem... this seems to affect quite a lot of people, it's a bit of a pain... my understanding of this particular problem isn't great but from what I understand some hosts have security settings that are a bit too strict and affect the way the ACP links are created, and it causes a permission error, and there's nothing MyBB can do about it Undecided
I see, strange. Well, at least they changed it and it works again now Smile
Indeed... I guess they're just trying to be as secure as possible but it has a bad effect for MyBB users. Glad it's working though Smile