MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Visitors bug
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello at all.
There is a person (simply a visitor) that can read and write in every room. If I logged off and I becam a visitor I can't do nothing.
Why?
So as a guest they can post but you can't post as a guest?? Is that what you're trying to say??
Excuse me for my english but I'm Italian. I mean that the permission for the visitors are that they can only watch the board but not read the threads and answer. This person can make all like an user.
Do you have a link to your forum? Test account would be good too...

This bug would mean that the permissions aren't working correctly - so I'm guessing it's something else, probably settings based that you might have overlooked.
I'm sure that the permissions working correctly because I tested it and if I became guest I can't read and write topics but he wrote and I suppose that is an hacker or something like this.
The site is www.italiamobile.net
Good evening to every people.
I'm a friend of Verbania and i also work in italiamobile.net
The problem is that the visitors wrote that we have the backdoor opened....
we don't undertsand the mean of this affermation...
if someone of you can help us it's a real very big solutions for us.
Excuse me for my english, i also am italian boy.
Thank you!
Stefano
They said something about a backdoor?? Uh-oh... can we have a link to that exact thread, and I'd ban the IP.
I'm sorry but I delete the thread for not show this at the users. Before to do it I controlled the Ip and was american but the guest writed italian
Ah ok, good idea... maybe the mention of a backdoor meant nothing but I know that a backdoor is to do with hacking, how it could be linked here though, I'm not so sure.
ok, but how can a guest, a visitor, write when every permission is not for guests?..
How said verbania if we logges by visitors we can only read the topic, but we can't read the discussions...
but that visitor wrote!!!
our problem is that the visitor wrote a message in a new thread creatde by himself!
But when we get the access in our forum like a visitors we can't read the answer and we can also write nothing!
Only if we registred in the forum....
and he said that we had the backdoor opened....
i think is a hacker may be?
Pages: 1 2