MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New Install / CGI error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I'm learning! Thank you much, I'll do that shortly.

I think I'll read the sticky above on how to administer MyBB

Thanks again for all your help!
This is definitely an issue with the server - your PHP installation isn't returning some values properly. This could probably be fixed by making sure the server is running on the latest stable version of PHP.
I've been checking this error in some manuals we've got here...

The only thing I can think of is that your server is running PHP in CGI mode (hence, the CGI error), while MyBB is looking for php as the Apache module (mod_php)...

There isn't much you can do but to change the way the server is setup... the fix that we did in the ACP should just be temporary - you might experience further problems in the future...
MyBB doesn't look for specific PHP modules (not to mention I don't know how that would be possible in code) - The code is just run on whatever is setup.
Hmm...

From the stuff I was reading it seems that there are some limitations to PHP-CGI. Obviously one of them must object to the ACP login Undecided
I'm going to forward this thread to my host.
I'm a desktop and AD w/ academic and light enterprise programming, not server maintenance and certainly not PHP Rolleyes But hey, I'm learning lol!

The guy who is hosting our site doesn't' normally support php, although he runs Vanilla for a small support forum for his company, and he hasnt' had any issues with Vanilla. (I like MyBB better Toungue )

Well, thanks for all your help and support. You guys are great!
Pages: 1 2 3 4