MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Quotes/PHP Code Breaks Layout
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I noticed that line breaks are not applied to quotes/php codes. See http://www.meekhost.com/forum/thread-1355.html

How do we fix this issue? I searched around settings and mods, but it seems an option to break lines is not available.

Thank you.
Properly structured PHP code shouldn't consist of really long lines Toungue ... or so I'm told...

You might need to take a closer look into ./inc/class_parser.php. This file parses the codes in the post so more than likely you might need to edit this file.

Or you can try editing "blockquote (cite)" and "codeblock (code)" in your CSS to a fixed width.

Unfortunately I can't test these at the minute but I'm sure either one of these will do what you're after... probably the CSS option is best...
In the first post you use a [PHP] tag which should be a [QUOTE]. The PHP tag does not do linebreak so that it can show exactly what the PHP code looks like. Quote tags should break the lines as normal.
(2008-11-07, 07:36 PM)DennisTT Wrote: [ -> ]The PHP tag does not do linebreak so that it can show exactly what the PHP code looks like.

Same with [code] isn't it??

EDIT: Apparently not Toungue
(2008-11-07, 07:38 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-11-07, 07:36 PM)DennisTT Wrote: [ -> ]The PHP tag does not do linebreak so that it can show exactly what the PHP code looks like.

Same with [code] isn't it??

EDIT: Apparently not Toungue

Apparently not indeed.