MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Ajax shoutbox php erro
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My php version is
PHP version: 5.1.6

and i installed this plugin today
http://mods.mybboard.net/view/shoutbox-plugin-mybb-12

im on mybb 1.2
and whenever i enter text into the shoutbox i get this

error

MySQL error: 1064
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1
Query: SELECT * FROM mybb_shouts ORDER BY dateline LIMIT 0,

Any ideas
It looks like there is an error in the syntax they use. My guess is that you don't have the shoutbox installed. That is actually an addon to the shoutbox to make it ajaxified. I can't find the old shoutbox from him in the archives. Anyone else know a link to the download?
oh ok
well installed the shoutbox

and when i activate it i get this error

MySQL error: 1146
Table 'brandonmccoy_smf.templates' doesn't exist
Query: INSERT INTO templates (title, template, sid, version, dateline) VALUES ('shoutbox', '\n\n \n {$headerinclude}\n\n\n\n\n\n\n{$multipage_top}\n{$shouts}\n{$multipage_bottom}\n
{$lang->shoutbox}
\n
\n\n\n\n\n
\n{$add_shout}\n{$toggle_refresh_link}\n\n
\n\n', '-1', '140', 'TIME_NOW')
Do you use custom templates?
no
im using the default bb theme
*scratches head*

Did you install the shoutbox mod for mybb 1.2 or 1.4? Undecided

Why the heck does it have a strange name for the database. Huh

Hmmm.... Is your boards default set to the default template? I think the template it edits has more to do with what the board default is set to, and not what you are set on.
i installed it for 1.2

i says that name because i used to have an smf forum before but i dont think thats the problem
cuz my mysql database name is brandonmccoy_smf
Ahhh, so you used the conversion tool. That might actually be causing the problem more than we know. But I can't be sure. I would ask the pro's, meaning, try pointing this thread to one of the developers. I hate to bother them through pms, but they don't really read these things enough. Or you can ask the mod developer as well. To me it looks like something wasn't completely converted to mybb, so this might be a problem with the conversion tool. Not super sure though, I am a beginner programmer. Wink
well i ddnt use a converter i installed mybb on the same database i installed smf
but i deleated all the smf tables
could this be the problem cause nothing else on the forum is wrong