MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Solved] Duplicates of Default User Groups
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I co-Administrate a MyBB board, which my "Tech Admin" has recently upgraded to MyBB 1.4 (did not upgrade due to inactivity and host troubles.)

When installing, the installation apparently froze, but then unfroze and completed. No errors have resulted from this aside from a Duplicate of all default user groups. The list reads:
  • Administrator
  • Awaiting Activation
  • Banned
  • Guests
  • Registered
  • Super Moderator
  • Administrator
  • Awaiting Activation
  • Banned
  • Guests
  • Registered
  • Super Moderator

Anyway, I was looking for a way to delete these duplicates of the default groups, as appearing as defaults, they behave the same - meaning they refuse to be deleted. Any help in deleting them would be appreciated. I also see no point in providing a screenshot, as I have explained the issue.

In Short: Requesting a way to delete Default User Groups.
Just to clarify, there's no option to delete either of the duplicates?? I know it's not possible to delete single default groups but there might be an option if it's doubled.
(2008-11-04, 09:33 AM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]Just to clarify, there's no option to delete either of the duplicates?? I know it's not possible to delete single default groups but there might be an option if it's doubled.

No. The list appears to be doubled over. They all include the Green default box and no option to be deleted.
Do you have access to PHPMyAdmin, or some other database manager?? You can delete them there. But first, can you download that table and upload it here?? Just wanna have a look at it, you might have to delete a certain one.
(2008-11-04, 09:40 AM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have access to PHPMyAdmin, or some other database manager?? You can delete them there. But first, can you download that table and upload it here?? Just wanna have a look at it, you might have to delete a certain one.

Sorry for the wait, I had to restart my computer. Here's the screenshot:[attachment=11571]

I am not sure what PHPMyAdmin is, sorry.
Ok, what control panel do you have?? CPanel, Vista Panal, or something else??

Both of them have an option for 'phpmyadmin'. Go in there, click your database, find the table called 'mybb_usergroups' and download it.
(2008-11-04, 10:10 AM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, what control panel do you have?? CPanel, Vista Panal, or something else??

Do you have this:

Or this:

Or something else??

Both of them have an option for 'phpmyadmin'. Go in there, click your database, find the table called 'mybb_usergroups' and download it.

Neither, although after fiddling around, I was able to find and use phpMyAdmin to delete those records in the database. Thanks for your help. I had no idea what to do. Sorry to seem naive.

Problem Solved - Feel free to lock