MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: reputation bits
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have 9 green reputation bits and one red bit visible in my User CP, but only one green bit is publicaly viewable in the postbit section under my avatar. Am I missing something?
Well you'll have 8 green bits shown under your name. The red will cancel out one of your green therefore producing 8.
But why they not showing?
chiefsaab Wrote:But why they not showing?
Because one block unter your avatar represents an amount of reputation points (I don't know the number). Wink
If I give someone one reputation, he will have one bit shown for him. If I accumulate 9 bits, I also have one bit visible, so what the difference between someone having 1 bit and someone having 9 bits? Besides, going by this method, we all need to know how many bits will make actually make one bit. You also have one bit and I do, how do other will know how much reputation bits we actually have? Interesting. Isn't it? Smile
The usercp counts all bits and displays your current reputation. Because the postbit can't show my 120 or so green bits, MyBB has a system in place:

0 = grey block
1 to 10 = 1 green block
11 to 20 = 2 green blocks
21 to 30 = 3 green blocks
31 to 40 = 4 green blocks
41 to 50 = 5 green blocks
51 to 60 = 6 green blocks
61 to 70 = 7 green blocks
71 to 80 = 8 green blocks
81 to 90 = 9 green blocks
91 to 100 = 10 green blocks

Every ten is one rep block, and it stops at 10 blocks (although repuation is still countable in the user cp) and the same happens with negative reps. Every 10 neg reps are one red block. See how it works now?
The red and green blocks in the UserCP just are indicators as to whether or not they are positive or negative reputation comments.
OK, now I understand Smile