MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Plugin Disaster
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not too long ago, i found a plugin called 'Attachment Watcher'. A nice name, so i downloaded the plugin and activated it. Little did i know the table does not delete if you active\deactivate the plugin.

I am not too well with mySQL Either, so i went into phpMyAdmin and now im in the tables.

I want to delete all the attachment watcher tables.

My problem is im afraid to because i remember i was messing around with it one time and i deleted all the settings in the admin cp.

So i was just wondering, all i have to do is hit the circled red x's ( delete)

[Image: 33lmrgi.jpg]

and thatll get those tables deleted out the admin cp?

[Image: v4ozgl.jpg]

Just need someone to confirm this so im sure dis is safe and wont do anything fatal.
That would be correct. Also you can just tick them like now and at the bottom you hit "Delete Selected" or something like that it should be called. But to delete single entries just click the "x".
Deleting the tables will get rid of the data but the settings will stay - however you can remove those in the ACP be going to Configuration > Modify Settings
What he tries to say is, that the settings wil stay in the settings.php as long as you don't update your settings. The author of the plugin forgot to get rid of the settinggroup. It just deletes the setting by deactivating the plugin.
Oh I see, well then you can just remove them in the ACP like I said and remove them from settings.php if they're still there.
Alright, well thanks for the help, both of you. (:

I fixed it all up (: