MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: will upgrading from 1.2 to 1.4 mybb erase all my members and data
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
jw im new to mybb and i was just curious
also if upgrading will i have to deactivate all my plugins
You won't lose any data as you use the same database, it just gets updated. All plugins have to be deactivated and you'll delete all the files when you upgrade, they won't work with 1.4 anyway.

http://wiki.mybboard.net/index.php/Upgrading

Upload all the new files, don't overwrite ./inc/settings.php or ./inc/config.php, visit ./install/upgrade.php, select your version, and upgrade.
Yes, you will have to deactivate all your plugins and then eventually delete their files(their useless since your upgrading to 1.4) - as Matt said.

Also, you won't lose any data at all - all it does is update the tables in your database for the new version, and fix some of the errors pre-hand(before they're even known of existence to the updater.) So no, you won't lose any data.
If you're unsure, I might be able to do it for you tomorrow. It's easy when you know how but if you make a small mistake, it can go horribly wrong. If you do it yourself, make sure you have a full database backup and a copy of all your files. That way, if something goes wrong, you'll have something to revert to.
aight thanks guys
No problem, glad I could help.
(2008-11-05, 12:48 AM)t0m Wrote: [ -> ]No problem, glad I could help.

Ditto Wink