MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Easy way to get games on the "Game Section" mod for 1.2 or 1.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
right in where the index.htm one?

Or does it go in one of the folders inside the Admin directory? O.o
hmm i followed your exact steps. the game appeared in the game section, but i cannot play the game in the game section.
I'm having problems with this. everytime i try to add a game it either doesn't work at all or it gives me an error:

The following errors were encountered:

* You didn't select if there are gamedata files for this game

I followed your directions and had half a success.

I've tried several different games with the same result now. What happens is the game loads successfully but it either loads and does nothing, meaning nothing is clickable and the game won't play or the game will load and it gives me an error saying it failed to find the .xml file.

Maybe some part of this is changed now to get this to work?
(2009-07-04, 10:21 AM)Psinetic Wrote: [ -> ]I'm having problems with this. everytime i try to add a game it either doesn't work at all or it gives me an error:

i got same problem Confused
Is there anything easier than uploading the game with the "Add game (tar)" function? You just download it, save it and browse your computer to upload it through the admin cp.
(2008-11-04, 11:05 PM)brandonmccoy Wrote: [ -> ]This is my first tutorial so bare with me

things you need

1.Game Section mod for 1.2 or 1.4 ,depends on which mybb version you are running
2.il show the rest!

ok first go to anysite that has online flash games
(now this only works on firefox)
click on the game and wait for it to load

the click file...then save page as , and save it to your desktop

next there should be a folder on your desktop with the name of the game
just find the swf game in that folder

now that we have our game we need a php file

this is the easy part

in my attachment i included a php file of a game
this is what youl upload

last find two gif pictures 20x20 and 50x50

now go to your Game Section in the admin panel
click add game easy
upload the php file i included and the swf game
and the two images
now the title of the game should say tankwars
so just go to overview and change the title name
Ps: do not change the file name just the title name

and there you go,if this was bad or good just tell me
but this should save you time from signing up at sites

I followed your directions and had half a success.

I've tried several different games with the same result now. What happens is the game loads successfully but it either loads and does nothing, meaning nothing is clickable and the game won't play or the game will load and it gives me an error saying it failed to find the .xml file.

Maybe some part of this is changed now to get this to work?
(2009-07-04, 10:21 AM)Psinetic Wrote: [ -> ]I'm having problems with this. everytime i try to add a game it either doesn't work at all or it gives me an error:

(2009-09-14, 09:35 PM)x Raven x Wrote: [ -> ]

If the game you're trying to upload has been unzipped, there should be a folder for the game. You would need to upload this folder to the games section via ftp. If you have it as a .tar and don't unzip it, the game will automatically upload with all it's components in the proper place by using the upload .tar feature.
Pages: 1 2