MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Main Forum "Last Post" View is WIDE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I don't think there is a setting for maximum title length... thinking about it, there should be really. I think that would be much more useful than a maximum message length personally.

And I'm glad you understand Smile
(2008-11-04, 11:41 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think there is a setting for maximum title length... thinking about it, there should be really. I think that would be much more useful than a maximum message length personally.

And I'm glad you understand Smile

So there is no way that I can make it so that the length of the
"Last Post" doesn't ever get so wide no matter how long the Subject is?
Not with standard settings it doesn't seem.
(2008-11-05, 09:05 AM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]Not with standard settings it doesn't seem.

You'll need to use CSS and HTML techniques to get what you want. I'm not too sure per-theme, but I have a fixed width (width="xyz") on mine that won't resize no matter how long the subject is...
Where would I go to fix it? In my cpanel? or inside the forums?
If in the cpanel [from the folder] where would I look,
and if inside the forums where would i look?
Put some width HTML in the last post column in the template editor in the ACP.
(2008-11-05, 04:40 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]Put some width HTML in the last post column in the template editor in the ACP.

I don't know how to do that.
I need step by step.
I am slow with this. Like REALLY slow. I will understand once
I get step by step help and won't need help with that problem
anymore =] Then I will know something new.

I haven't changed any templates or anything. Haven't figured out how yet.
Okay so I decided to try to look for myself...

I found this one: forumbit_depth2_forum_lastpost
it says inside:
<span class="smalltext"><a href="{$lastpost_link}" title="{$full_lastpost_subject}"><strong>{$lastpost_subject}</strong></a><br />{$lastpost_date} {$lastpost_time}<br />{$lang->by} {$lastpost_profilelink}</span>

What would I add to make it so that the width doesn't get over the normal width it should be.
That's not really going to help... it depends on which templates you've edited to remove the coding. Can you post the templates in forumbit_depth1_cat...
(2008-11-05, 11:23 PM)Tom.M Wrote: [ -> ]That's not really going to help... it depends on which templates you've edited to remove the coding. Can you post the templates in forumbit_depth1_cat...

What template?? Isn't there just a code I can type in??
Okay this is all I need to know:

1. Step by Step how I fix the problem and make it so the coloumn isn't wide.

What Have I done to the Site So Far:

1. NOTHING except add forums/smilies/avatars.
I haven't changed any templates or anything.
(2008-11-06, 05:00 AM)Thatonemom Wrote: [ -> ]1. Step by Step how I fix the problem and make it so the column isn't wide.

Unfortunately, it's not as easy as that. And no, there isn't just a code you can type in, wave a magic wand and it works. It's basic HTML, which as a webmaster, you really ought to know anyway. And you've changed templates as you have other things in your forum besides new avatars!

To me, it's not a "problem". This is what it's supposed to look like in the default theme. You can alter the width of the column by going into "Forum Bit Templates" and editing that template I mentioned.

<td class="tcat" width="200" align="left"><span class="smalltext"><strong>{$lang->forumbit_lastpost}</strong></span></td>

Changing width="200" will, strangely, change the width of the column. But bear in mind you probably need to alter the rest of the widths to make the tables balance out.

Take a look at the page source for your forum. It tells you what templates start and end, and therefore, which ones you'll need to edit to make it fit in around the forum.
Pages: 1 2 3