MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Admin panel permissions error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone, I need some help here. I got a feeling it might be on the server end but I'm not sure.

I've a client I installed mybb for and the forums were working for a couple months with no issue so far but today she emailed me saying there are issues in the control panel that won't let her change anything

You can go from section to section but once you click a link to change permissions, edit a user or group etc, we get this error:

Quote:Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /admin/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.10 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.10 OpenSSL/0.9.8i DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.XXXXXXXXX.info Port 80

She claims nothing was done and this started up sometime yesterday when she tried to sort out a permission issue for a member accessing the forum after registering. Is this a server/host issue or folders and permissions?
Check out [Wiki: Help:Mod_security] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead). Chances are they are totally blameless - and it's the host that has either changed or upgraded Apache.

If this isn't the cause, then check the .htaccess files and make sure they are the default ones that MyBB came with.

If all else fails, contact the host, and ask them to whitelist your domain against mod_security.

Smile