MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't find 'Install' file!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all,

I uploaded all the files to my server but can not find the 'install' file within the install folder. I did look at previous posts/FAQ, by the way.

Some help would be appreciated.

ThanksBig Grin
./install/index.php Smile Just ./install/ should work too.
(2008-11-05, 07:54 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]./install/index.php Smile Just ./install/ should work too.

So I went this route and got the message that it was downloaded (I clicked on the file you mentioned above). Am I on the right track? I did not see the Welcome screen. I think I need a bit more helpBig Grin.

Thanks
Can you printscreen what you do see??
(2008-11-05, 08:18 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]Can you printscreen what you do see??

I am not sure how to print screen. When I clicked on the index.php file a 'Transfers' window popped up where it confirmed the download was complete. When I went to open it, it opened BBedit.

By the way, I am using a Mac and Cyberduck as my FTP client.

I hope this is enough info to go on.

Thanks.
Oh, don't open the file, visit it in your browser.
Hey, I just realized that was the wrong file!

wait a sec
(2008-11-05, 08:24 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, don't open the file, visit it in your browser.

Although it should be obvious it isn't, how do I view it in the browser?

When I open the file it goes directly to my text editor.

Thanks
What is your forum URL?? Well, the URL where you want your forums to be.
To install simply to go:
http://www.replacethisboringtextwithyour...s/install/
Or..
http://www.replacethisboringtextwithyour...m/install/
Depends on where your installing it. For example: MyBB automatically is in the Upload folder. If you change the name, change forums to whatever it is.
(2008-11-05, 08:48 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]What is your forum URL?? Well, the URL where you want your forums to be.

I just sent you a PM with the link. Thanks.
Pages: 1 2