MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: stars in usergroups
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On my first forum (not mybb) I use stars just like mybb has got.
Those stars where related to how many posts my members has made.
So I had 50 variables with 1,2,3,4,5 - half, full - bronse, silver, gold - rotating stars.

Now I was trying to this also on mybb and I thought I must do this in the users tittle.
I create a new group called forum king, this is the meber with the most post 6000+.

- tittle: Forum King
- min posts: 6000
- number of stars: 1
- star image: http://www.to url

And went back to this user in the post but nothing has changed.

The I go to see what is now in the users tittle for this poster and I see 7 stars.
The usersgroup for posting Freak say:

- tittle: Posting Freak
- min posts: 750
- number of stars: 5
- star image: http:

When I go to the post I see 7 stars, while this usergroup says 5, so I must make those changes on the wrong place.

Where and how do I change the setting that I can use more star variables.
thats called in mybb: "User Titles"

you can find it under the "Users & Groups" tab.
I know how it is called in mybb, I think you did not read my post clearly.
(2008-11-06, 06:12 AM)spinning Wrote: [ -> ]I know how it is called in mybb, I think you did not read my post clearly.

If you created a usergroup for the "forum king" you will need to move that user into the new usergroup manually (set their display group to "Forum King").

Why didn't you just add it to the user titles?
Quote:Why didn't you just add it to the user titles?

Because I do not understand it, I tried to do it on several ways.

The stars that are now in the usersinfo from a post where are they taken from???
Not from the usersgroup POSTING FREAK, posting freak has got 5 stars (according settings in users group) in the post I see 7.

So how do I create my own stargroup that are showing up in the usersinfo in a post.
(2008-11-06, 08:22 AM)spinning Wrote: [ -> ]Not from the usersgroup POSTING FREAK, posting freak has got 5 stars (according settings in users group) in the post I see 7.

I think I understand...

This is probably because the usergroup has a default number of stars to it. Check the usergroup settings.

Then, just manage the user titles to your needs. Bear in mind, the usergroup stars take priority over user titles.
(2008-11-06, 08:22 AM)spinning Wrote: [ -> ]The stars that are now in the usersinfo from a post where are they taken from???
Not from the usersgroup POSTING FREAK, posting freak has got 5 stars (according settings in users group) in the post I see 7.

So how do I create my own stargroup that are showing up in the usersinfo in a post.

The usertitles and stars are applied in this manner (top overrides bottom)
1) Custom user title (i am cool)
2) Usergroup title (forum king) The user must have the display group set to this usergroup to take effect.
3) Default usertitles (newbie, member, senior member, posting freak).

See the bold text above, I think that is what you are missing.
With a little bit of Hocus Pocus and some help from here I did it.
I only had to delete the name Default User Title in group settings.

But the most funniest of all people like my stars in my first forum, so I decided to give them the stars back and now they ask for the stars of Mybb,.