MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Plugin and Code modification - TOS.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I'm planning on using MyBB as the backbone of one of my project's. And this'll require changing MyBB code, and stuff. Will i be breaking the terms of use?

I'm going to put MyBB on the credit's page, and at the bottom of every page the "Copyright © 2002-2008 MyBB Group" bit.

I want to make changes to code, and create plugins, and i don't really want to share what I have to everyone. How can I do this, without adding myself to Tikitiki (Ryan Gordon) hit list, or anyone else at MyBB.

Do I need to make a donation, or anything like that?

Thanks!
I believe you're free to modify your own copy of MyBB, however, distributing your modifications is a little more restricted, so you should be fine Toungue
Nice! That's what i wanted to know! Thanks ZiNgA!!!
(2008-11-05, 09:17 PM)Einewton Wrote: [ -> ]I want to make changes to code, and create plugins, and i don't really want to share what I have to everyone. How can I do this, without adding myself to Tikitiki (Ryan Gordon) hit list, or anyone else at MyBB.
Yes you can modify MyBB and make your own plugins for your own use. You are at no time obligated to make your modifications public if you do not wish to.

(2008-11-05, 09:17 PM)Einewton Wrote: [ -> ]Do I need to make a donation, or anything like that?

Thanks!
Not required, but we won't prevent you if you have the urge Smile
Well since it's open source it's kind of hard to break the rules any way. But if you do plan on releasing it remember all the MyBB files need the copyright in them still Wink. But it doesn't seem like you are so doesn't matter really I guess.