MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Where is the Quote template?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to modify the layout of quotes on my board, but I haven't been able to find the template for them, if any.

Could someone point me in the right direction?
(2008-11-05, 11:28 PM)ubermensch Wrote: [ -> ]I want to modify the layout of quotes on my board, but I haven't been able to find the template for them, if any.

Could someone point me in the right direction?

-Templates/(XXXX) templates/Post bit Tempates/posbit_quote
If you mean that.....
It's in inc/class_parser.php. Look around line 655. I suggest if you just want to style the quote box, do it in the ACP theme editor, under "blockquote" and "cite".
(2008-11-07, 07:45 PM)Dennis Tsang Wrote: [ -> ]It's in inc/class_parser.php. Look around line 655. I suggest if you just want to style the quote box, do it in the ACP theme editor, under "blockquote" and "cite".

Bumping this, this really should be editable some other way.
(2008-11-07, 07:45 PM)Dennis Tsang Wrote: [ -> ]It's in inc/class_parser.php. Look around line 655. I suggest if you just want to style the quote box, do it in the ACP theme editor, under "blockquote" and "cite".

Where about's is blockquote an cite located ? i've checked all the theme's templates and dont see these.

(2009-03-01, 10:08 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]Bumping this, this really should be editable some other way.

Agreed this would be alot easier better for all if we could change the quote and code boxe's by the template's.
The boxes are CSS based, there really isn't any simpler (more efficient) way to make them more editable. Do you want to put tables to show quotes in?!

Blockquote and cite are in the Global CSS, and not templates.

Smile
I was going to mention this also.. as Tomm just said. I cannot comprehend what the OP wants to accomplish...

If someone could create an image preview as an example of what they want it may help.
Ah you ment them i thought Dennis was on about template edits forgive me being dumb. Anyway all im wanting to do is style them to match my theme instead of being squared.
To edit the structure of the quote box, you'll have to do what Dennis suggests. Unfortunately there's nothing in the templates that affects the layout...
(2009-03-02, 01:14 PM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]The boxes are CSS based, there really isn't any simpler (more efficient) way to make them more editable. Do you want to put tables to show quotes in?!

Blockquote and cite are in the Global CSS, and not templates.

Smile

If you want to change layout of text, such as name, date etc, you have to edit class file ... it's not particularly user friendly.