MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [F] templates not cached at startup in some pages [C-Michael83]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There are templates not cached at startup in some page:

search->getnew: search_orderarrow not cached at startup
search->getdaily: search_orderarrow not cached at startup
showthread (with a poll): showthread_poll_resultbit, showthread_poll_results not cached at atartup
member profile: member_profile_signature, member_profile_groupimage not cached at startup
modcp: modcp_modlogs_result not cached at startup
private->send: not cached at startup

i hope it helps Big Grin

if i find others i will report them Big Grin
We're not going to cache every-single template because most of them won't be used and they would just take up memory
(2008-11-06, 02:53 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]We're not going to cache every-single template because most of them won't be used and they would just take up memory

ok.. it's right, but you can put an if statement to include them at startup when you know you'll need them Big Grin

in user profile in exemple you will do two extra query to db, it also take up memory and in user profile you could have more requests each time spend extra queries, simply you can check at user profile page start if you are showing a profile.. if yes you'll put the templates in the cache at startup Big Grin
(2008-11-06, 03:27 PM)luke83 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-11-06, 02:53 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]We're not going to cache every-single template because most of them won't be used and they would just take up memory

ok.. it's right, but you can put an if statement to include them at startup when you know you'll need them Big Grin

We're not going to be rewriting that until 1.6/2.0 since the 1.4 series is now only bug fix releases
(2008-11-06, 04:18 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]We're not going to be rewriting that until 1.6/2.0 since the 1.4 series is now only bug fix releases

ok, thanks for information, good work!

have a nice day,
luke83
Thank you for your bug report.

This bug has been fixed in our internal code repository. Please note that the problem will not be fixed here until these forums are updated.

With regards,
MyBB Group