MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum hacked
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello guys.

Yesterday I've upgraded my forum to 1.4.3 version (from 1.4.2).
After 10 minutes someone hacked into the forum with my account and erased all forums.

Now I want to know if there is some kind of bug because my password was alphanumeric and secure.

Thanks in advance
How exactly were you 'hacked'?? Do you know?? Someone could have just got your password. When was your last backup made??

Rename your /admin/ directory, and set the new name in ./inc/config.php

Also install this mod: http://mybbsource.com/view/59/

Just to make you more secure. Also put weird characters like @#~£$%& in your password to make it harder to crack/guess.
Thanks for the tips.
500 error is host side, if it doesn't clear up within an hour email them. Is it just the admin panel though??
1) Either the hacker got to you before you upgraded with the patches
2) Or you weren't really hacked. You could be getting an error that is actually a host issue and overreacting?

Either way I can't tell since you didn't provide us much information
I wonder if you accidentally installed vs upgrade. That would overwrite everything.
(2008-11-06, 05:20 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder if you accidentally installed vs upgrade. That would overwrite everything.

1.4.2 > 1.4.3 didn't need any script though.
Link to your forum?
No the error message was from the admin pass plugin, but I've solved it.
But I had a good password and someone logged right after the upgrade and deleted all my forums and defaced with usual writings.
Anyway now I've imported my backup and added that security plugin hoping it will not happen again.
Did you have admin logs of this? Perhaps the user got access to your MySQL database directly?
Pages: 1 2