MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrade issues.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I upgraded my forum from 1.2.14 to 1.4.3 today and followed the upgrade guide in the wiki to the letter. After I upgraded, I noticed some random issues, such as all links on the index page to last post don't work. If any of them are chosen, it redirects to a page that says the thread doesn't exist. Also, I can't seem to enable any plugins, as I keep getting an error that says the table doesn't exist. Example:
Quote:MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1146 - Table 'generalplot.mybb_mybb_settinggroups' doesn't exist
Query:
INSERT INTO mybb_mybb_settinggroups (gid,name,title,description,disporder,isdefault) VALUES ('NULL','Advanced Stats on Index/Portal Settings','Advanced Stats on Index/Portal Settings','Settings for smethead\'s \'Advanced Stats on Index/Portal\' plugin.','20','no')

And the other issue I have is if I use another skin I had installed before, the usernames of the members don't appear in thread views.

Here's the address to my site. Thanks in advance.

General Emulation Forums
It seems to be one of those situations where you've left a 1.2 plugin active when you've been upgrading. This is normally what causes the "mybb_mybb_" table prefix.

In regards to the lastpost, take a close look at the URL: there is no "tid" in the link, so of course it will come up as an invalid link. If you use the default theme, does it allow you to use the lastpost feature? You can change the theme for yourself in the UserCP.

An easy option is to go back to a 1.2 backup, disable then delete all plugins from your forum, and completely overwrite the 1.2 files with a fresh batch from http://mybboard.net/downloads then run the upgrade script. Although it could be easier to simply edit the tables through phpMyAdmin (or a database manager) and remove the extra prefix added to the tables...
I made sure to disable all plugins before I ran the upgrade script to avoid any issues coming up from it. Not sure what happened, but in any event, doesn't this error message: "Table 'generalplot.mybb_mybb_settinggroups' doesn't exist" imply that the problem is in a config file and not that the tables in the database have an extra prefix? It seems like it's being directed to find a table with an extra prefix, when in fact the tables don't have the extra "mybb_" prefix it's looking for?
(2008-11-06, 09:54 PM)General Plot Wrote: [ -> ]It seems like it's being directed to find a table with an extra prefix, when in fact the tables don't have the extra "mybb_" prefix it's looking for?

I should really learn to stop eating and posting Toungue

Do you still have 1.2 plugins in your plugin folder? If you do, you need to completely delete these...

I'm pretty sure (don't quote me on it though) that the double prefix is due to a change in structure of a query in 1.4. $db->simple_select now includes the table prefix by default, instead of having to put it into the query. Deleting all 1.2 files should solve the problem...
I deleted all 1.2 plugins and the issues still persist. Any idea what else could be the problem?
Do you have a 1.2.x backup with plugins deactivated?? And did you select 1.2.14 from the list when you upgraded??
I don't have a backup with them deactivated, but I know for a fact they were before I upgraded, and yes, I chose the 1.2.x version upgrade when I ran it.
Ok, did you download a copy of all your files?? If you did, what I'd be tempted to do is upload those and your existing backup to go back to 1.2.14, then deactivate plugins again, make a backup, and try again.
I didn't make any kind of backup before I ran this upgrade, as I was pressed for time. I know that was most likely a mistake, but not much I can do about it now. Is there anything else I can do that doesn't require a backup?
Really, nothing at all?? Oh... you should always make a backup before any upgrade, especially one as huge as 1.2.x to 1.4.x... they only take a minute or two to complete but can save you hours of work, or even prevent you losing your whole forum.

Try this... open ./inc/settings.php and delete any settings groups that aren't needed, i.e. they are from 1.2.x plugins. Would have been a lot easier with a working backup though.
Pages: 1 2